"Global Warming"

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
This is what the mainstream media shows you...

medialies.png

But the departure from average looks a bit different when factoring in true numbers and not "nears"

truth.png

?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The amount of posts I could quote from this forum alone where people say things like

"by the time this happens I'll be dead so who's gives a shit"

Or something of the sort.

So take that mentality and pass it down generationally and you get us where we are.

It doesn't hurt you to try to care about your environment. Try harder. Support sustainable energy (actual sustainability like nuclear). Don't be a total dickhead. Don't throw your plastic bags out your car window. Throw your used car batteries into the ocean. It all helps.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
How about the environmental impact from trillions of disposable masks and takeout containers that wont decompose for the next 500+ years? Why do I feel like this will be conveniently ignored by the same activists that want to ban my lawnmower?

The U.S. is 4% of the world population. Yes we should care about the environment, but no matter how perfect you are, some asshole on the other side of the planet right now is burning a mountain of car tires and dumping pallets of lead acid batteries into the ocean without giving a single sliver of a shred of a fuck.

And these for profit climate alarmists with ocean front estates that fly around in private jets to virtue signal about my miniscule carbon footprint can go fuck themselves too.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
How about the environmental impact from trillions of disposable masks and takeout containers that wont decompose for the next 500+ years? Why do I feel like this will be conveniently ignored by the same activists that want to ban my lawnmower?

The U.S. is 4% of the world population. Yes we should care about the environment, but no matter how perfect you are, some asshole on the other side of the planet right now is burning a mountain of car tires and dumping pallets of lead acid batteries into the ocean without giving a single sliver of a shred of a fuck.

And these for profit climate alarmists with ocean front estates that fly around in private jets to virtue signal about my miniscule carbon footprint can go fuck themselves too.
I'm trying to understand your mental gymnastics of saying "because other people don't care then neither should I."

Just because other people aren't don't anything doesn't mean you shouldn't. That's the actual definition of justification, which is the worst of all the cognitive distortions.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I'm trying to understand your mental gymnastics of saying "because other people don't care then neither should I."

Just because other people aren't don't anything doesn't mean you shouldn't. That's the actual definition of justification, which is the worst of all the cognitive disorders.

Nowhere in my post did I say I didn't care. You missed the part we are 4% of the world population, our well intended actions provide little to the big picture/world when other nations blatantly don't care.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Nowhere in my post did I say I didn't care. You missed the part we are 4% of the world population, our well intended actions provide little to the big picture/world when other nations blatantly don't care.
No I definitely read that and I connected the dots on your nonsense. It doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing. You can do your part and make sure your children are doing their part. We should be the example of how to do things properly because we are 100% capable of doing so. Just because the ANIMALS in China and India don't shouldn't dictate your actions. You don't shit in the streets do you?

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
No I definitely read that and I connected the dots on your nonsense. It doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing. You can do your part and make sure your children are doing their part. We should be the example of how to do things properly because we are 100% capable of doing so. Just because the ANIMALS in China and India don't shouldn't dictate your actions. You don't shit in the streets do you?
Depends if I just ate white castle

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

I have a low flow toilet (which uses 2-3x water for the heavier shits :rofl:). We all share the same earth, the 96% still impact us all in some way. I agree with you, we are capable to do our part and should lead by example. We barely recycle 9% of our plastics, how/why tf do they keep ending up in the ocean. I have many questions, but it just seems some of these "activists" screaming impending doom are just in it for the money, and not actually making a difference.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
What kind of Al Gore shit did I just stumble into?

Oh, the usual climate hysteria accompanied by Karenistic shaming because one does not agree with the other, who is OBVIOUSLY on the moral low ground. :rolleyes:

I don't care what emotional charities one would contribute to - have at it, and I really hope you influence world improvement with your actions, but I don't think you will and I don't think I'll bother. And it would be nice to not have to hear from all the Karens out there.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I have a low flow toilet (which uses 2-3x water for the heavier shits :rofl:). We all share the same earth, the 96% still impact us all in some way. I agree with you, we are capable to do our part and should lead by example. We barely recycle 9% of our plastics, how/why tf do they keep ending up in the ocean. I have many questions, but it just seems some of these "activists" screaming impending doom are just in it for the money, and not actually making a difference.
Studies have shown over 98% of the plastics in the ocean are from old fishing nets. Your straw you dropped on the ground without knowing is not killing some sea turtle.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

your lifestyle is for sure emitting a higher footprint of carbon and waste in general than some poor schlub on the other side of the planet, even if he is out there burning tires y'know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info