GLI vs GTI - what do you want to know

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I want to know if the MQB GLI is literally (performance wise) a mk7 GTI with a few extra inches legroom in the back, or so I've been hearing on the MK7 pages... and the pricing also seems like its a heck of a deal comparing both depending on trim, just can't get past the exterior...

Ironically I'm turning in my 2016 GLI lease in a few weeks at the end of the month. I'm fully remote now and can't justify a new car/payment, but still very interested in my next car being either a GTI or R, but the GLI could sneak in there if it comes at a much better deal/package

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I am interested in hearing more about the new 7 speed DSG, which should be the same between both. New owners have been reporting it isn't as responsive or crisp as the 6 speed DSG from the MK7.

Since they are now virtually the same car, for me it comes down to: "Am I willing to pay a bit more for a hatchback" as the GLI will apparently be a bit less costly than the GTI.

I imagine the similarities between the 2 in terms of driving will be considerably similar, and differences minor. So hone in on those differences (trunk vs hatch space and usability, rear seat space, differences in any driving dynamics, do you like saying GTI or GLI better :D ).

Also, I hope the 2 versions you sample have the same transmission in order to eliminate that as a variable in the testing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info