GLD - Wed 26th?

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
I might try to head up there and get a couple tuning runs in. Anyone else planning on going?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After the last experience I had there, I don't think I'll see GLD for a loooong time.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i will be there.

my buddy with the tbss wants to shut up some kids with a 350z and an eclipse... and i want to trap 129 mph and run 14.8s with 2.5 60fts all night like my car really makes me appreciate it for.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
thats how i roll.

so when i get to the line the next run thru and the kid sitting there goes uhhh is something wrong with your car? normally those go 11s here... and i go i hate mylife. leave me alone buddy.

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
After the last experience I had there, I don't think I'll see GLD for a loooong time.
What happened? My friend was up there this weekend for the nitrous fest and all that special racing stuff (his girl's dad has a 9 sec GP) and I heard they had a lot of problems (tree wasn't working, lane kept closing for random reasons, etc.) The one time I went there I barely got any runs because they're shit wasn't working. They should really spend time BEFORE they open up to get their shit straight

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someones dad has a 9 second Grand Prix? Are we talking an old one?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Id love to go, except I might FINALLY get my cutout dump welded in that day.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What happened? My friend was up there this weekend for the nitrous fest and all that special racing stuff (his girl's dad has a 9 sec GP) and I heard they had a lot of problems (tree wasn't working, lane kept closing for random reasons, etc.) The one time I went there I barely got any runs because they're shit wasn't working. They should really spend time BEFORE they open up to get their shit straight
Last time we went out to GLD (8/12) it was a fuster cluck all night long. They started running cars 1hr+ late, some kid blew his honda's trans and rode it all the way down the track, took 1.5hrs to cleanup, they fucked up races that they agreed to run for us, cars were getting loose on the big end of the track... it just wasn't pretty at all. That's not even discussing the fact that they had some brother on the intercom during the cleanup time just chewing off everyone's ear. It was pretty much terrible.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
k so im going up with devin with the tb'ss... me with my car- my buddy with his pacecar, my dad with his 79 elcamino, and a 350z and an eclipse.... anyone else going.

PANDA

Reaction score
Is that the 350Z Twin Turbo that was running 14's.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
heeeelllll no. some other kid.

OP
TommyGloves

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to be there tomorrow with my Bonne. Weather and work pending. :)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
heeeelllll no. some other kid.
Get some E85 and send me your tune and i'll make you a bin if you want... Up the boost to prob 16-17psi... ehh?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Get some E85 and send me your tune and i'll make you a bin if you want... Up the boost to prob 16-17psi... ehh?
here ill send you my scan and tune in an email.... i dont wanna do e85 yet...

but chya check it.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
here ill send you my scan and tune in an email.... i dont wanna do e85 yet...

but chya check it.
E85 @ shell on 14 in Crystal Lake... :) I've often wondered. Just never decided to make a E85 tune.

What all are you doing to the tune to make it E85 compatibly 10sec?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not much, just a higher flowing filter and a tune. The stock injector o-rings will swell but my car and many others have bigger injectors which come with synthetic o-rings, problem solved. Besides that GM did a great job making everything else compatible with E85. I love the stuff, smells great, works great, easy as hell to tune, and it's the cheapest 105 octane gas period.

EDIT: KJ, I'll take a look at your scan tonight and shoot you back an email.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom