GLD on Wednesday (7/20)

Gld is pretty laxed on tech. They may point something out but I've never seen them turn anyone away. I'm looking forward to finally making a pass with the new ride and setup.

I'm excited to see what your new car will do. You and I should grab a lane right away so I'll have a slight chance while you get that thing dialed it. [emoji23]

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Bring pants and a helmet, no short's is a rule. If it's carbed it needs to have a double return spring on the throttle cable. If the battery is in the back they look for a Shut off switch. They also look for radiator overflow and sometimes a trans overflow catch can.

Wednesdays is not day that it is usually crowed so you should get in a good amount of passes in. I average 4-5 passes in with cooling the car down and making small adjustments when its is crowded on a thursday-friday or Saturday, but I don't hot lap my shit usually in mid summer in the fall if I can I do sometimes.

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
A good amount of mustangs coming! Count me in!:gears:

Attachments

• 20160712_231714.jpg
    20160712_231714.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 106

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Just a helmet required for something 12's and up? It's been 7 or 8 years since I've been to the strip.

of course i've got a helmet, and the car has a rear battery with external disconnect, i was more worried about a cage cert, belts, and a general chassis certification. should go bottom 10's maybe touch into single digits....

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
of course i've got a helmet, and the car has a rear battery with external disconnect, i was more worried about a cage cert, belts, and a general chassis certification. should go bottom 10's maybe touch into single digits....

lol...I was asking for myself...I'll pop off a very high 12 at best in my Lincoln. You should bring a parachute in case you launch into space!

I doubt it will be an issue. Legend has it that someone in a Red S197 once ran a high 9 at GLD w/o a cage, belts, etc. They were short staging him so he could get his 9 that day. (Hint, it was Dennis. :smile: )

Mr. SBF

May 12, 2015
Kenosha County

They are not harsh on cage cert. just tell them you are planning on getting it recertification in the fall when they do it at the track. It's an IHRA track so the rules are more lenient than if it was a NHRA track. Don't sweat it.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
They are not harsh on cage cert. just tell them you are planning on getting it recertification in the fall when they do it at the track. It's an IHRA track so the rules are more lenient than if it was a NHRA track. Don't sweat it.

Good deal. Just ordered a 2 step not for sure if I'll be able to make it or not gotta get the car in order and the 20th is my dad's birthday, not for sure what his plans are yet.

Thread Info