Gld? 07/28/09

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Reaction score
Might head up to GLD tomorrow depending on the weather after work with a few co-workers.

Just picked up the 26x11.50" slicks... I'm ready to get down.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score
Might head up to GLD tomorrow depending on the weather after work with a few co-workers.

Just picked up the 26x11.50" slicks... I'm ready to get down.

I'd kinda like to see what times you put down with the Cobra. You still left the car alone mod-wise and just added the slicks, correct? Did you pick Scott's slicks up when you bought the car or what?

OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Reaction score
Yup, car is still exactly the same, minus different colored wheels, as it was when Scott had it. I just got back from Scott's about 7:00pm and picked up all the stock stuff and the slicks.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Reaction score
Yup, car is still exactly the same, minus different colored wheels, as it was when Scott had it. I just got back from Scott's about 7:00pm and picked up all the stock stuff and the slicks.

Yeah when I was back home for those few weeks I went over and had a few beers with him and some of his other buddies. He still doesn't like that he ended up having to sell that thing. If it were my car I would miss it too, honestly. Good running into you that one day on Grand. Too bad we never did get together for some brews.

The time to beat is 11.5 at 119 I think???

OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

Back in the game...
Reaction score
Yeah when I was back home for those few weeks I went over and had a few beers with him and some of his other buddies. He still doesn't like that he ended up having to sell that thing. If it were my car I would miss it too, honestly. Good running into you that one day on Grand. Too bad we never did get together for some brews.

The time to beat is 11.5 at 119 I think???
Yeah Scott was telling me that, when are you back next?

Yup, that is the time, not a bad time for a basic bolt-on car... I'm always up for a challenge.

IZZy