Gladiator Racing Inc is back!!

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Was that just a fluke? Because dealers offer a 750 hp package with warranty on these. I honestly haven’t ready many issues especially at that power Level.
Not a fluke no. Happened to a bunch of guys. Especially when you drag race (launch the car hard) on a tire. The dealer "750hp" package isn't 750hp anyways. Probably closer to 600 at the wheels.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
What failed, and how expensive is it to make them reliable at that power level?
One way clutch. Part was a ~$500 front assembly. They need clutches, which i paid ~$1800 for installed. No issues at almost 900hp after that, but I never really got to race it hard like I did before the upgrade at that power level.

Reactions: DanJ

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
It's using wheel rotation to measure distance and those onboard systems can be accurate when there's no wheelspin, but once there's wheelspin then it starts guessing and it's not great. I ran 11.9 @ 119 mph in a performance package 10-speed with 4S tires (granted, private rental, all the track prep and great DA), but in lesser conditions ran 12.25 @ 117 mph in the same exact car.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
That’s not a terrible price for nearly 1000 hp transmission. People pay more than that to build their glass 4l60 transmissions Rofl
Well, yeah. It didn't break any gears or hard parts. Not a lot of people breaking them like that.

It acts really weird in general though during regular ass driving. Like there are times where it would freak out, shift into 8th and stay there til the car was shut off. My brother's 10R80 did it do.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Serious note, you going to upgrade from the Jetta?
I thought about daily driving a mustang gt. One of the things I like about this car, the few times I drove it, is how calm and fairly quiet it is while normal driving. My issue is I need space for cases of water I sell. Jetta literally is worth nothing in a trade. Might just keep it for my daughter.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I thought about daily driving a mustang gt. One of the things I like about this car, the few times I drove it, is how calm and fairly quiet it is while normal driving. My issue is I need space for cases of water I sell. Jetta literally is worth nothing in a trade. Might just keep it for my daughter.

Was thinking the same thing. Find something affordable, sporty / fun but has trunk space, solid mpg and easy to drive.

VW GTI?

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You could haul a ton of premium alkaline water in one.

We rented an ecoboost convertible from Miami to Key West last year and had to put one of our two suitcases in the back seat.
I need easy access and the ability to carry around 10 cases without bottoming out the suspension. I have been looking at mid size pickups. Hopefully I can find another job soon that doesn’t require this.

Thread Info