Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The age of Marvel on Hulu is coming.

https://www.slashfilm.com/ghost-rider-tv-series/

Netflix may be out of the Marvel TV show game, but Hulu is just getting started. The streaming service is going to launch a Ghost Rider TV series, focused on the Robbie Reyes version of the character from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hulu and Marvel will also partner for Helstrom, about siblings who are the children of a powerful serial killer. Rather than follow in their evil father’s footsteps, the Helstroms use their powers for good.

Ghost Rider, the flaming-skulled spirit of vengeance from Marvel comics, has had many incarnations. The fifth incarnation of the character is Roberto “Robbie” Reyes. Reyes has already been brought to life once before, played by Gabriel Luna on the televisions series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Now, Robbie is getting his own Ghost Rider TV series courtesy of Hulu.

Hulu describes the character as “a quintessential antihero, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields.” The series will be executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel’s Jeph Loeb. Variety has confirmed that Luna will once again play the character. However, they also say “this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. storyline.”

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Netflix really doesnt have that good of content. Their original shows, by and large, suck.

I pay for Hulu live + no ads....I use it far more than Netflix.

I tend to go to Netflix over any of the other services I have. Content quality is pretty subjective I would say.

I have an antenna and plex, so I get live TV with recording that way (never use it). It isnt only that you are getting commercials on top of paying, they are weird with releasing shows. We were watching Blacklist which is an NBC show. We fell behind a few episodes in like season 3 or something. Go to Hulu, which is fucking owned by NBC, and only episode 3 was there. You could watch 2 on NBC's website, nobody had episode 1. WTF as the creator you made money airing it with ads, make money from subscribers to HULU, and make money AGAIN airing it on HULU with ads!! Why cant I just watch it when I want?!

That whole deal really pissed me off, and put me even more off on Hulu than I had already been. They have never redeemed themselves in my opinion. Since they they made the interface worse, the ads repeat every break more often than not, not much content I care to watch (there is some), etc. /rant

Sean

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Hulu has to make contracts with ALL shows and for a lot of currently airing shows, their contracts only allow them to have the last 5 episodes of a current season.

Disney is going to own almost all of Hulu before too long...guarantee you'll see sweeping changes.

I've got Netflix, Hulu and Plex (and of course Amazon). I'm content.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Hulu has to make contracts with ALL shows and for a lot of currently airing shows, their contracts only allow them to have the last 5 episodes of a current season.

Disney is going to own almost all of Hulu before too long...guarantee you'll see sweeping changes.

I've got Netflix, Hulu and Plex (and of course Amazon). I'm content.

I get it, but as 30% owner (I think it was higher at the time) you cant get your own show on your own streaming service?! That is execs worried about people pirating it instead of realizing that they are fucking up a second money stream.

Disney is going to own EVERYTHING before too long!

I have all of those as well, and some others. I have plenty of shit to watch that is for sure. Soon I will get back to doing a million projects now that we are done going through the MCU in order.

Sean

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info