Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (From the makers of Infamous)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It has flaws....but the more I play, the more I want to KEEP playing. The world feels great to explore and the combat, while initially feeling like button mashing, is actually an elegant dance. You really need to be aware of your surroundings and the enemies you're fighting. One of the downfalls of the enemy AI is they can be pretty stupid. They fall into the old school form of standing around while you sneak up on them and kill them. They're not particularly smart outside of combat....but I can look past that.

This is likely gonna be like Spider Man where I hunt down everything to get 100%.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Ive read that about the enemy AI in other reviews. coming straight from TLOU2 where the the enemies actively seek you out, I fear this might cheapen things for me, but at the same time, after playing thru that game and its relentlessness, this might be just what i need right now :LOL:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Auto save was solid. I manually saved once I loaded back up.

Man, I've barely scratched the main story's surface. I keep going off on adventures. This game isn't as pretty as RDR2 but the map feels so much more organic to me. Granted, the AI movements arent particularly great and the villages themselves dont feel alive like the RDR world but how things unfold and how you hunt for secrets and side quests feels much more real. The map itself just feels right to me. I can be riding and spot a bird and follow it to a fox den or stumble across a survivor camp or I can find a fox den and then find myself attacking a Mongul village...whatever. There is always something going on, something driving me to continue exploring. I get eager looking for fights too. Fuck steal...I roll up and call out whoever will fight me, and then I fuck everyone up.

I love this game so much.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well thats it. Sake brewing is not historically accurate in this game. I'm uninstalling it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
One thing that does bug me...Some of the villages or smaller encampments you come across are completely void of life. The smaller ones, that doesnt bother. But earlier, chasing one of those damn birds, I came across a village that had a name and was considered Mongol territory...yet it was completely empty. It looked like it had been sacked and there was blood on the ground in certain places but not a single NPC to be found.....unless its there for a set piece later on, seems odd to build and entire empty village. I get that the island has been pillaged but still irks me that there are unused assets. Hopefully these places are used later...to be fair, I am traveling all over the first island, without moving the story along much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info