Gaming Ghost of Tsushima (From the makers of Infamous)

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I gotta play in Japanese. Doesnt match up to the lips but whatever. Most of the subtitles you can read really fast or glance over. I havent missed too much yet.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I always tend to look away during story stuff or the lady tries talking to me, so reading is rough

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I gotta play in Japanese. Doesnt match up to the lips but whatever. Most of the subtitles you can read really fast or glance over. I havent missed too much yet.
So the japanese audio doesnt match up to the lips?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So the japanese audio doesnt match up to the lips?
No, they would have had to pretty much redo the entire game to accommodate two languages.

Game should have been in Japanese by default.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well thats kinda disappointing. I wanna play it in japanese as well. Hopefully that doesnt annoy me too much.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
God damn. Bears are no fucking joke :rofl:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This game has the potential to knock Spider Man off my most favorite PS4 game. I wont commit to that just yet, but its already climbing up the ranks.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It has flaws....but the more I play, the more I want to KEEP playing. The world feels great to explore and the combat, while initially feeling like button mashing, is actually an elegant dance. You really need to be aware of your surroundings and the enemies you're fighting. One of the downfalls of the enemy AI is they can be pretty stupid. They fall into the old school form of standing around while you sneak up on them and kill them. They're not particularly smart outside of combat....but I can look past that.

This is likely gonna be like Spider Man where I hunt down everything to get 100%.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive read that about the enemy AI in other reviews. coming straight from TLOU2 where the the enemies actively seek you out, I fear this might cheapen things for me, but at the same time, after playing thru that game and its relentlessness, this might be just what i need right now :LOL:

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Amazon finally delivered today! Installing now. :run:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'm fucking loving this. Legit in the running for best PS4 game of all time for me.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Played thru the first part of the game. Up thru where you go to save your uncle. I think Im gonna like this game. I wanna keep going.. But thats good for now. Got a good taste.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
And just had a power surge. Let's see how the auto save fucks me this time.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
manual saves man. I dont rely on autosaves for shit

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Auto save was solid. I manually saved once I loaded back up.

Man, I've barely scratched the main story's surface. I keep going off on adventures. This game isn't as pretty as RDR2 but the map feels so much more organic to me. Granted, the AI movements arent particularly great and the villages themselves dont feel alive like the RDR world but how things unfold and how you hunt for secrets and side quests feels much more real. The map itself just feels right to me. I can be riding and spot a bird and follow it to a fox den or stumble across a survivor camp or I can find a fox den and then find myself attacking a Mongul village...whatever. There is always something going on, something driving me to continue exploring. I get eager looking for fights too. Fuck steal...I roll up and call out whoever will fight me, and then I fuck everyone up.

I love this game so much.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
how many hours do you think you have so far?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
No clue since Sony refuses to allow us any way to check.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well thats it. Sake brewing is not historically accurate in this game. I'm uninstalling it.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
One thing that does bug me...Some of the villages or smaller encampments you come across are completely void of life. The smaller ones, that doesnt bother. But earlier, chasing one of those damn birds, I came across a village that had a name and was considered Mongol territory...yet it was completely empty. It looked like it had been sacked and there was blood on the ground in certain places but not a single NPC to be found.....unless its there for a set piece later on, seems odd to build and entire empty village. I get that the island has been pillaged but still irks me that there are unused assets. Hopefully these places are used later...to be fair, I am traveling all over the first island, without moving the story along much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom