• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting BLOWN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Looks like a 61K mile MM motor is in the future. Got it for a song and dance if you ask me. Landy worked some magic. Kudos to him. :hail::hail:He'll be grabing it this weekend.

With the NOVI 1200 that's in the car, I don't think that'll hurt a 61K motor as easy as a 120K. My plan is and has always been, keep the stock gears and I use it as a DD and not go too crazy with it.

Dom, on the other hand, is Dom :dunno:.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Looks like a 61K mile MM motor is in the future. Got it for a song and dance if you ask me. Landy worked some magic. Kudos to him. :hail::hail:He'll be grabing it this weekend.

With the NOVI 1200 that's in the car, I don't think that'll hurt a 61K motor as easy as a 120K. My plan is and has always been, keep the stock gears and I use it as a DD and not go too crazy with it.

Dom, on the other hand, is Dom :dunno:.

An engine with 120k can be in much better shape than one with 61k.

Im hoping you dont have to learn the hard way.
Best of luck.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Why are you putting another weak kneed stock motor back in it?
That's completely retarded. You know it's going to pop eventually.
There's been a Terminator shortblock on SVTP for under 2k, why aren't you doing that so you don't have to worry about it any more?

Sometimes Marauder people really make me scratch my head and wonder WTF they're thinking...

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
This really agitates the shit out of me...this guy will put a piece of shit stock motor in it, break the ringlands off of a couple pistons in short order then be back here crying about pushing his car off a cliff.
I don't understand why people don't just fix shit the right way? Do they not understand that it WILL go pop or think they can just cheat the odds?
If Landy is so dandy he won't mind swapping your top end onto a Termi short block. He'd also explain to you the benefits and reasoning for doing so.

I was into the Terminator motor in my car for about a grand installed by the time I sold the good running stock motor.
Had I waited till the stock motor shit it's guts I would have had ~3k in the swap doing it myself.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Okay,

For all the nay sayers. The dude with the termi doesn't want to ship the damn thing.

It is not just the MMR or what ever (insert name) short block 2400 + shipping. It's all the other little bullshit, like new head bolts here, heads gotta get redone there, because they got a million fucking miles on them. A gasket set here, oh shit, this is different there and need to buy this because it won't work and we got to convert it, and so on. And you got to pay for this shit to get installed. Now your 6K + into it. My end goal isn't 600HP. It's low to mid 400's DD with a bit more spunk. Not a drag race every weekend car. A car to take to church and get there a little faster. When you factor in what my goals are; this option makes the most sense. Trust me, I'm not into throwing money out the window for shits and giggles. In the end, I'll be out of this with a working and funnctioning car for well under 3K. When I get back from this deployment, I have ZERO civillian job to go back to. The company I was working for, went by way of Obamanomics. So, as Paul Harvey once said " And now....you know the rest of the story"

And this my friends, brings me to what I should be doing to it. Part it out and get about 5K for the car and 4K for the s/c set up call it a day on that one. And buy one out there with less miles and wear and tear and a s/c on it already for an additional 5-6K.

Slimehart has been putting this very hair dryer on shit loads of MM's out there. And they apparently are still working. Not to mention this set up came off a slimehart original. If this doesn't work, THEN I HAVE BEEN HIT WITH THE SHIT LUCK STICK. And only me. Then, hence the drive it off the cliff comment. It's definately time to quit at that point. (rant off)

And for the record; Landy is Dandy, and there was no need to drag him into my decision. He has been supportive of what decisions I have made. Lastly, you have a MM and I have a MM, why can't we all just get along.

Last edited:

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
We're getting along just fine, I'm just telling you that you're an idiot for putting another piece of shit cast piston motor in there.

If nothing else why not put good pistons/rods into the one that's hurt? You'll have slightly more in it and you won't have to worry about it.

I got after Landy because he's a bitch if he's trashing Travis over on MMgaysex<3.net where the guy can't defend himself.

Dohc324ci

Aug 15, 2012
Jon chillack! Lol it ain't that deep.

But if your going to go through all the expense and trouble of yanking the motor again why not build the motor to suit your power adder? Your gonna want more eventually since its never enough. If its money the save and do it right and be done with it.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I somewhat agree with building the engine...but for the money you're spending on the engine, if you spent a little more you could get a Cobra shortblock that is forged from the factory.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
We're getting along just fine, I'm just telling you that you're an idiot for putting another piece of shit cast piston motor in there.

If nothing else why not put good pistons/rods into the one that's hurt? You'll have slightly more in it and you won't have to worry about it.

I got after Landy because he's a bitch if he's trashing Travis over on MMgaysex<3.net where the guy can't defend himself.

Don't worry Jon, Musclemerc's a big boy he can take of himself and doesn't need any help from the peanut gallery. Speaking of peanuts, enjoy your peanuts, game and beer. Have one for me, and don't think about me. Since they won't let me drink here.:werd:

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Wow. Such drama. But entertaining.

I'd say what ever you are paying for the stock MM replacement. Keep it, save a little more and just pick up an 03-04 Terminator or an Aluminator short block.

At least that's what I will do if and when my boosted squirrel powered Mercs motor pukes.

Good luck bubs. You will get to done one way or another.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
forgive my naivety but are marauder bottom ends stock just not super tough?

They will take a lot of abuse if the timing is in check.
Problem is, 99% of MM owners don't know what pinging sounds like and kaboom it goes. It may leave the dyno running like a champ, but an 'iffy' tank of gas or WOT on a steep incline and bam the detonation starts and kablooie goes the engine.
It finally happened to me 2 years ago, when I didn't turn the radio down when I hammered it. Bye bye piston, and what exactly happened I still don't know.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
They will take a lot of abuse if the timing is in check.
Problem is, 99% of MM owners don't know what pinging sounds like and kaboom it goes. It may leave the dyno running like a champ, but an 'iffy' tank of gas or WOT on a steep incline and bam the detonation starts and kablooie goes the engine.
It finally happened to me 2 years ago, when I didn't turn the radio down when I hammered it. Bye bye piston, and what exactly happened I still don't know.

Maybe you guys could look into something like this.

J&S Electronics SafeGuard Indivdual Cylinder Knock Control

What some of the 300zx guys use to tune with to hear knock and it can save your butt if it detects knock. Not sure how applicable it would be to a marauder though.

LANDY

Sep 25, 2011

Holy shit i just seen this! Whoever that fuck you are if you read what i put in mm.net is the same i put here. I apolozed to the one deserved on the other site and deleted the post and didnt delete the one on this site. You dont know me to be calling me names as a matter of fucking fact where do you want to meet and i will show you who is the bitch.
Internet tough guys get nowhere.
Btw i can only put in what Dave wants to. I warned him about the risk he takes with putting same type motor in there.
Now i want to know who you are and when can i meet you. Then i can soberly disrespect you in your face.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011

I was hoping that you Jon, would take the high road on this. I could've responded to you with the same way that you did. Just so you know, I did take offense to you calling me an idiot. But, I figured that you realized that what you said, you knew it was wrong. Don't get me wrong, if you think I made the wrong decision on what to put back in there, that's fine. It's MY decision. This is not a" I need your opinion for me to make an informed decision thread" I don't wipe my ass with 100 dollar bills. Maybe some people do, I don't.

In my opinion, Landy has every right to respond the way he did. He didn't throw the first stone. As far as Musclemerc and Landy, I thought they settled that already.

Again, just to reiterate. ITS MY FUCKING DECISION AND ILL DO WHAT THE FUCK EVER I WANT.

Thank you. I think this has run it's course on its original intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info