• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting BLOWN !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I doubt any apologies are coming my way Yolandy. You went out of your way to flame me on MM.net where you know I couldnt reply.

If I wanted to bash you or your tuner I could have. I asked very simple questions concerning a friends car. I have your cell number, If I had something to say to you believe me I would have callled you and said it.

If it makes you feel better you can keep blaming me.
Musclemerc installed the SC
Musclemerc sent boost into the cranckcase and blew out the seals
Musclemerc was the dyno operator
Musclemerc blew the motor
Musclemerc left timing cover bolts loose
Musclemerc ??????

Feel better now? I would hope so.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Dave you aren't really going to part the car out right?
Just park it and fix it.

Right now I'm torn on the idea :dunno:

If I get another MM, I can just put the s/c in it and be done with it. I haven't owned a SB or DTR yet.

I figure I could get somewhere aound 4Kish whole or maybe better than that parting it out. It's got some good shit in it. All except the motor. I sure as hell don't want to buy another used motor. And new ones cost a shit load. Honestly right now, my priority is getting out processed here from Afghanistan and then back in the states outprocessing. I should be back in the states next week or so. I don't have the time to fuck with the research. I remember it being a PITA last time I went down this road. I looked into jasper and luminator blocks a bit. They don't have the luminator long block available any more just the short blocks. And jasper, you got to be an installer or some bullshit, to get a fucking price...whatever...

LANDY

Sep 25, 2011
I doubt any apologies are coming my way Yolandy. You went out of your way to flame me on MM.net where you know I couldnt reply.

If I wanted to bash you or your tuner I could have. I asked very simple questions concerning a friends car. I have your cell number, If I had something to say to you believe me I would have callled you and said it.

If it makes you feel better you can keep blaming me.
Musclemerc installed the SC
Musclemerc sent boost into the cranckcase and blew out the seals
Musclemerc was the dyno operator
Musclemerc blew the motor
Musclemerc left timing cover bolts loose
Musclemerc ??????

Feel better now? I would hope so.
wow just wow! I no longer have your cell due to a mishap of my old phone. Otherwise i would have called you.
I know what i know and im very confident of my abilities to do this job.
Im going to drop this since were are not getting nowhere in the internet.
If you like you can call me.

And jasper, you got to be an installer or some bullshit, to get a fucking price...whatever...
I called Jasper after my #8 cooked. Wasn't sure which route I was going so I wanted to see what it'd cost. Told 'em I'd be installing myself. I can't remember the exact number but it was in the high $4k range + core. :eek3:

Needless to say I'll be removing the head and surveying the damage before jumping ship to a rebuilt/crate.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Get 95SC's Terminator shortblock as Zack suggested and ship the car up to him to do the swap.
You'll be all in for under 4k and you can then put the small pulley on the blower and really enjoy it

I'd trust an OEM motor far more than anything aftermarket.

If that one is sold you can find them over on SVTPerformance pretty regularly for pretty reasonable prices. I picked up a 32k mile longblock for 2400 over the winter that was spotless. I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far and not a lick of problem.

Dohc324ci

Aug 15, 2012
Why fool around with a used motor if anything build up your existing motor or go Aluminator. I also hear FRPP has discontinued the 4.6 based Aluminator in favor of using the BOSS50 iron big bore. I've got 22k on a non OE aftermarket motor that I daily drive and made 331/375 on shorties and 91oct.

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Get 95SC's Terminator shortblock as Zack suggested and ship the car up to him to do the swap.
You'll be all in for under 4k and you can then put the small pulley on the blower and really enjoy it

I'd trust an OEM motor far more than anything aftermarket.

If that one is sold you can find them over on SVTPerformance pretty regularly for pretty reasonable prices. I picked up a 32k mile longblock for 2400 over the winter that was spotless. I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far and not a lick of problem.

It's not sold and he an I have had email conversations. He doesn't want to ship it. :(

I have Landy to get her back up and running. Heck, it would cost well over a grand just to get it up there.

I have been tossing and turning what to do. Yesterday, I was fix it. Today, I'm screw it, buy another and part it out. I shouldv'e parted it out and bought another one last time this happened. This time I think she's going to car heaven. And getting spread all over the country.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Does it still run enough to get it on a truck?
You could sell the car easily if you price it so the total with shipping comes to 4k. Id buy it.
Don't part it out. (Assuming its a nice car) How many miles on it???

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Landy is looking into a complete MM motor with 61K on it for under 2K. I feel like my fucking hands are tied. I can't make any calls from here. I hope this is a decent deal. It has pix in the add, but I can't see them on these gov't computers (rat farts). If it's good and I respect Landy's judgement, then I'll get it. It's actually pretty close to the house won't need shipping. Although, it'll have to wait until I get home unless shipping is a super good deal. We'll see. Maybe I can convience Landy to go see his family this weekend free gas of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info