Niche score of 2,363
LOL born in 1985.

1599235959032.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You don't see any other "10 year breakups" between generations anywhere else because people who are millenials bitch about it like it's such a negative stereo type so their snowflake asses tried to come up with their own generation.

"Aww, well technically Im a Silent Boomer!"

"Aww man, theyre mocking boomers, so Im technically a Baby X'er!"

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Millennial here born in 1986. I work with a lot of boomers and they check all the boxes for the stereotype. Not all deserve it but I'd say 96% of them are entitled and make sure to let you know that when they cant save an email attachment without raising their blood pressure.

Many boomers have their wealth and equity in their homes or real estate. I continually tell my boomer parents to GTFO out of their house yet they refuse to listen. I'm not a financial expert but when boomers own a large chunk of housing stock, I can only imagine a very depressing housing crash looming when boomers go to sell off their 3,000 sq ft houses last renovated in 1995 with golden oak trim everywhere that no one wants or has the desire to put in $150k in renovations.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Millennial here born in 1986. I work with a lot of boomers and they check all the boxes for the stereotype. Not all deserve it but I'd say 96% of them are entitled and make sure to let you know that when they cant save an email attachment without raising their blood pressure.

Many boomers have their wealth and equity in their homes or real estate. I continually tell my boomer parents to GTFO out of their house yet they refuse to listen. I'm not a financial expert but when boomers own a large chunk of housing stock, I can only imagine a very depressing housing crash looming when boomers go to sell off their 3,000 sq ft houses last renovated in 1995 with golden oak trim everywhere that no one wants or has the desire to put in $150k in renovations.
Really won't be a crash, it'll just be them selling homes for actual value. There's no "boomer bubble" where banks are lending out more than what those ugly ass houses are worth. Most of them have been paid off forever

I'm building a house next year, so I occasionally look at other for sale in the same area and price range. I can get double the footage and double the land (or more) for the same price for an ugly all brick boomer house, but never in a million years would I be interested in doing that

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Really won't be a crash, it'll just be them selling homes for actual value. There's no "boomer bubble" where banks are lending out more than what those ugly ass houses are worth. Most of those houses have been paid off forever

I'm building a house next year, so I occasionally look at other for sale in the same area and price range. I can get double the footage and double the land (or more) for the same price for an ugly all brick boomer house, but never in a million years would I be interested in doing that

I think it's more of a market VALUE crash. Your $459,900 1200 sqft ranch on a slab that hasn't been updated in 30 years is only worth $259,900 because it's a fucking 1200 sqft ranch on a slab that hasn't been updated in 30 years and needs $100k in renovation. So the entire neighborhood's value crashes while maintaining unrealistic taxes (speaking solely about IL mind you).

At least I like to believe but their family will prop up this fake value long after they've been turned into worm food.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think it's more of a market VALUE crash. Your $459,900 1200 sqft ranch on a slab that hasn't been updated in 30 years is only worth $259,900 because it's a fucking 1200 sqft ranch on a slab that hasn't been updated in 30 years and needs $100k in renovation. So the entire neighborhood's value crashes while maintaining unrealistic taxes (speaking solely about IL mind you).

At least I like to believe but their family will prop up this fake value long after they've been turned into worm food.
The thing is nobody's valuing an old boomer house at $460k if it'd only sell for 260k. Not the banks, not the appraisers (most of these have been appraised at some point). Maybe zillow has their estimate wrong but that's about it, lol.

Reactions: frank and Yaj Yak

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Really won't be a crash, it'll just be them selling homes for actual value. There's no "boomer bubble" where banks are lending out more than what those ugly ass houses are worth. Most of those houses have been paid off forever

Yeah and your new home will be built with much better energy standards and building codes. And maybe not a crash but a glut of older outdated, less expensive homes available is forthcoming. If they keep waiting to sell supply and demand will takes it course and they will have to take what they can get. Also, ironically, boomers are trying to downsize and snatch up smaller modest ranch homes, the same stock some millennials are competing for.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
"When I was your age..."

Leave it at exactly that.

At my age you had the world literally by the fucking balls to do whatever the fuck you wanted to do with it and you fucked it up for EVERYONE whereas your predecessors made it better for YOU.

Thread Info