Genv install

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I know it's been cold, but I never heard of a battery freezing. Or properly mixed coolant for that matter.

I checked the coolant temps of my intercooler and realized they barely get warm when at the drag strip. Unless you are road racing for long periods of time, there's no need for straight water.

Last edited:

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Coolant is a 50/50 mixture of water and antifreeze. antifreeze is used to guess what......drumroll please.......stop the water in the mixture from freezing.

so if you only use the car in warm months use water. then store in a nice warm place for the colder months.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
HA, I didn't know watter wetter was an antifreze additive. I had to google it. I'm going to look into this.

Thank you

Don't look into it, just run a 50/50 mix of water antifreeze. If you forget to drain it EVERY winter it'll freeze and ruin shit. There are zero realistic benefits to running just water. Also, every car ever made that has a working battery tender on it and a battery that isn't 20yrs old will be perfectly fine all winter long.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Don't look into it, just run a 50/50 mix of water antifreeze. If you forget to drain it EVERY winter it'll freeze and ruin shit. There are zero realistic benefits to running just water. Also, every car ever made that has a working battery tender on it and a battery that isn't 20yrs old will be perfectly fine all winter long.
I have 50/50 in it now. That's all I use. I will start to drain it now for winter. I did t know I should

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

Until you melt a hose on the race track and throw coolant everywhere.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info