Genv install

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
FWIW for the group...this is the old setup I had on the Bonne.

It's a ZZP ported Gen V LIM with the coolant passages welded shut. The IC core is sealed properly (I did it :) ) and is a ZZP S2 Gen V core.

IIRC - I provided him one gasket for between the LIM and the bottom of the IC core. The top IC core and SC were to just have RTV to seal between them (that's how Dave Norris had recommended it and I had on the Bonne before I demodded.) The LIM gaskets were the metal GM style.

EDIT: Pics from my FS thread
ICCore.jpg

G5NTB.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I know its been a while since I posted but here is my new rant. So a few weeks ago I went to start the GP and guess what? My brand new battery from ZZP was dead. Turns out it was frozen solid ( the car is inside the garage ). My antifreeze lines to the IC, frozen again. I just cant win with this car. I turned the heater on in the garage and had the garage temp to about 80 all weekend. Charged the battery and it is done. I need a new one... Ill have to get one next week, don't you love these unexpected expenses...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I know its been a while since I posted but here is my new rant. So a few weeks ago I went to start the GP and guess what? My brand new battery from ZZP was dead. Turns out it was frozen solid ( the car is inside the garage ). My antifreeze lines to the IC, frozen again. I just cant win with this car. I turned the heater on in the garage and had the garage temp to about 80 all weekend. Charged the battery and it is done. I need a new one... Ill have to get one next week, don't you love these unexpected expenses...

Buy yourself a $25 battery tender so that doesn't happen to you again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info