đź“° Auto News Genesis G70 Shooting Brake (for Europe only)

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Well, it's an odd name for sure, especially if you don't know its origins.

It's like if Honda came out with a car and called it the "Honda Civic Crackling Fart".

ugly-car-mod-ridiculous-exhaust.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This is funny, everyone supposedly likes wagons but sales figures prove otherwise.
Wagon threads are about as predictable as it gets. Everyone who has never owned a wagon and will never buy a wagon comes in, swoons, talks about how awesome they are, then leaves and prob buys another SUV inside of 12 months.

Example below......Regal tourx is a 14 second wagon that you can buy used for like 20k...how many do we have on this site? Zero I think. I think the root cause is that their wives are realistic about how ugly these things are (unless you're spending $80k+).

Reactions: dun4791

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Wagon threads are about as predictable as it gets. Everyone who has never owned a wagon and will never buy a wagon comes in, swoons, talks about how awesome they are, then leaves and prob buys another SUV inside of 12 months.

Example below......Regal tourx is a 14 second wagon that you can buy used for like 20k...how many do we have on this site? Zero I think. I think the root cause is that their wives are realistic about how ugly these things are (unless you're spending $80k+).

I love wagons, but I'm not likely to buy one unless it's a third 1989 Volvo 245 DL in mid-blue. :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, wagons died a long time ago IMO. I would argue it was about '96 in the states when GM axed the B-body. If the wagon doesn't have massive cargo space or an ability to tow anything it's a worthless wagon. Old wagons are the only wagons!

This Genesis looks nice. I dig it, but you're right. I'd rather get an SUV or something for that kind of money.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
In all seriousness, wagons died a long time ago IMO. I would argue it was about '96 in the states when GM axed the B-body. If the wagon doesn't have massive cargo space or an ability to tow anything it's a worthless wagon. Old wagons are the only wagons!

Parents had one of these for a while.
Oldsmobile woody wagon. I remember that it had a diesel engine, two batteries and a lot of torque. Before starting the car, you had to turn the key to an initial position where the glow plugs could warm up. When it was ready, you'd hear a click and a light would go out on the dash, then it was safe to turn the key all the way to start it.

Now THAT'S a wagon.

5779370852_7c39254712_b.jpg

Reactions: v6buicks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info