đź”– Deals Generators are on sale at Home Depot today

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This^

We just installed a dual sump pump system with battery backup. That's really all you need. Especially since most of us are now on the comed smart grid power outages are nothing like they used to be.

Hell years ago my parents lost power for 3 days after a major storm. Went out and spent a ton on a huge generator. Guess what...... used it 2 times since it was purchased.
I can't do a battery backup as my pump is outside my house. I was told the batteries aren't made to withstand the elements even with the plastic cover. My basement will start flooding in 2-3 hours when the power goes out. Last few years we have lost power 3-4 times and it's usually longer than 2 hours

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Whole house generator, meh. How often do you lose power more than a few hours and how many times a year? Maybe once if that. A portable is plenty to handle a sump pump, or just have a battery backup. Fridge+ power outage=fire up the grill and cook all your meat and drink your beer really fast.

i would have to cook an absolute metric fuckton of meat. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info