3800 Gen V Pulley Size Discussion

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Anything below a 2.8” on a Gen V results in a more noticeable efficiency loss. Correct? Been a bit since I even thought about this, but that’s what I seem to remember.

My car was tuned running running a Gen V w/ a 2.8” pulley while I was still back in Illinois.

Now that I’m in Colorado, I’m barely hitting 10 PSI with the 2.8”. I was thinking about slapping on a 2.7” or 2.6” for fun, but not sure if that would even make a difference based upon efficiency loss.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
No the whole reason you're down on Boost is because you've lost the efficiency of denser air. Being positive displacement speeding it up should counter it

you probably have to test to see if it makes a difference but I would say yeah you would gain back the Lost boost pressure... whether you would see any games I couldn't tell you without that testing

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
No the whole reason you're down on Boost is because you've lost the efficiency of denser air. Being positive displacement speeding it up should counter it

you probably have to test to see if it makes a difference but I would say yeah you would gain back the Lost boost pressure... whether you would see any games I couldn't tell you without that testing

Haha fair enough. I’ll slap a smaller pulley on there and report back.

I didn’t realize that the density of the air was playing a part in that efficiency discussion though. So that is definitely a fun fact and changes my viewpoint a little bit.

Reactions: sktchy

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Joking Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Map tables go to 140 kpa on the l67 and 103 on the l36 I believe so like 20.5 and 14.7 ish dependant on da? Although I think the l67 is actually a 2 bar map so closer to 30 there if it wasn't limited by a pcm designed when the Playstation 2 was hot shit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info