gen v ported LIM legit?

Wessel

The Paint Corrector
Oct 25, 2007
does this look good? never had the ported one infront of me so i wouldnt know if this is legit. guy wants $70 for it.

SDC10409.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Even though i think it's pointless to remove all of that material for an i/c, do you plan on running one? If so that's a hand "ported" (not really ported) LIM, with the material removed to get more air to the i/c. If you don't plan on running one, that's a complete waste of money. If you do, IMO that's still a waste of money, the blower doesn't blow through all of that area anyways, so doing that does nothing but weaken the intake manifold and give it more reasons to leak due to warping. Hope that helps :bigthumb:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
make damn sure whatever intake you buy still has the oem machined finish at the lim gasket portion...stay away from unit's that have had a 3m pad taken to em...unless your going to use copious amounts of super 300 to seal em

the blower gasket surface doesnt mater as much.

x2 on 10minutes with a cutoff wheel and a hammer and punch to knock the stands out hell you can get fancy and make a diverter

i still dont know why the hell opened intakes are refered to as being "ported"...now if the runners have been cleaned up....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
make damn sure whatever intake you buy still has the oem machined finish at the lim gasket portion...stay away from unit's that have had a 3m pad taken to em...unless your going to use copious amounts of super 300 to seal em

youre talking between the lim and the head correct? if so... how do you know if it isnt fully sealing nicely there? i think mine has the machined finish- but it might have been "cleaned up" at some point.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes, take it apart, check oring contact patch
best way to clena em up is a stack of straight razors and some time...when one gets nicked, toss and get a fresh one to minimize scratching.

3m pads tend to leave an uneven surface if the operator doesnt know how to evenly remove material or hovers near the coolant ports where most corrosion occurs...making sealing worse...not to mention it adds millions of scratches/grooves for fluids to get past the oring sealing point.

not to mention damn near every manufacturer has a tsb out there to NOT use 3m type pads on any internal engine components

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
would gasket matching the runners help in a turbo setup as well ?
it would be far more beneficial to loose the lousy l67 lim port angle

do not gasket match the ports, match the ports to each other you use the gasket impression on both the lim and heads to measure where material is to be removed to mirror each other

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info