Gen V install

Xtant12

Reaction score
Hello all,

Next weekend I plan to attempt to swop my stock blower+ic core for the genV supercharger and the IC core. I ordered the gaskets, GM RTV, and I also ordered the aluminum elbows. I'm not sure where they go but I ordered them just incase. Is there anything else I will need that you guys can think of?

b4black

Reaction score
While you have the SC/IC off, double check the lengths of the SC bolts. I found a couple were shorter than I liked.

TommyGloves

Donating Member
Reaction score
Since your're changing the lower intake, drain the coolant out before starting. Make sure you change your oil after you are all done getting it all back together.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
get a cheap needle file set from harbor freight and use the round one to clean the Oring grooves of flash on the alum elbows, some are fine, some aren't, just blend it and remove anything that prevents a smooth gradual radius with no voids.

drain radiator through petcock, remove heater core hose outlet) its the one plumbed to the upper elbow-then plug the hose with a rag and use compressed air to blow into the hose and blow the coolant out of the core into the block at the WP which will force more to the radiator to drain, after that, put rag/air to lim outlet nipple at alt bracket and blow the intake dry to the heads, at that point all you have is the T stat area with a puddle, remove the ECT sensor and blow to remove it or just do like I do and remove the pass side of the intake so the puddle stays on that end and chills while you hold the intake at a angle and lift it off.

Al just picked up some gen5's from the Jyard today, since the guys at chubby's are looking for em.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom