Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Will Smith's streak of shit movies apparently continues.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Wife wants to see it. So we will be seeing it.

I did read an article that said this was shot at 120 FPS and that it is best viewed that way. Its supposed to help the CGI look more real or something. Only 12 theaters in the US can play it at that high of a frame rate according to that article.

Edit. Its 120 FPS, 4K, and 3D. And 14 theaters in the US can play it.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
tech is moving pretty fast - i feel like we could already de-age better than this today. i wonder if some parts of the movie actually look better than others.

they should be able to do will smith particularly well, given all of the actual source material available of young will smith out there.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The hfr wasn’t a problem. And in almost every shot the de aging was very good. Except I know it’s cgi so I’m looking for every flaw. But overall the vfx for the young Will Smith are good.

However the camera work was terrible. Almost every shot was facial closeup. Even without the young will Smith. No variance really in the camera work and it made the movie boring.

meleficent 2 was better by far. And m2 wasn’t great to begin with.

I can see why they are calling Gemini Man a flop. I didn’t hate it but I have no desire to see it a 2nd time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info