IMG_20200711_110913.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Thanks dudes!
I will admit, I'm a sentimental sap, it was kind of a difficult decision. After removing some of the add is last night I felt like I was neutering the 2016.
But after driving the new truck, im good.
It definitely feels taller in the cabin. And it's a big truck, BIG.
Initial impressions are it rides smooth and similar to the 2016. I haven't really hammered it but it does seem to accelerate quicker than the '16.
I've been browsing for A while. The deal was too good to pass up.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Without reading back in the other thread, what prompted you to get a new one?

There is nothing in the 2016 truck thread that points to "why." I've been looking at the new trucks since they came out. I would see a lot of them on the road. Browsing lead to going to the dealer in Crystal Lake within the last 8 months or so. Initial impression was it's not ALOT different than my current truck so why spend the money. I will admit, one of the wheels on the '16 had a chip in an odd spot. After contacting the wheel shop, the less than 5 star communication and customer service, led me to start browsing wheels. Then when I did not find anything more than OE reproduction wheels or the offset brodozer wheels I started shopping trucks. If there was no winter/salt, I would have bought a set of Fuel wheels for 1300 bucks and called it a day.
I found 2 trucks, contacted the dealers yada yada. The dealer in Indiana said their online price was wrong, so I told them no thanks. The truck @ Jeff Perry ( the one I purchased ), was in transit and came in on Monday. The salesman I spoke to called me. I told him what the Indiana dealer had theirs listed for and that they offered me more on the trade. I told him what I wanted as the OTD price + the financing. ( I was going to go through Alliant because their 72 mo new car rate was 2.99 % ). He called me back and they agreed to the price and got me @ 2.65% so my new payment is less than the old truck. I pay more per month to pay off the vehicle early so I guess you can say I had equity in the old truck.
I think that sums it up :ROFLMAO:
Did it feel weird to trade in a vehicle that was cleaner than the brand new one?? ?? Congrats man new truck looks beeeefffyyy

I told them not to touch the new truck. No front plate, do not wash it, do not wax it, do not grease up the tires. It was washed and the tires were greased up. :mad:
Now the 90 mile drive home slung ( if that is a word ) all the silicone based dressing all over the place. Including the side steps..... because thats not a hazzard :unsure:

It is beefy, 4" taller and 3" wider than the '16

Regular
Jan 23, 2016
There is nothing in the 2016 truck thread that points to "why." I've been looking at the new trucks since they came out. I would see a lot of them on the road. Browsing lead to going to the dealer in Crystal Lake within the last 8 months or so. Initial impression was it's not ALOT different than my current truck so why spend the money. I will admit, one of the wheels on the '16 had a chip in an odd spot. After contacting the wheel shop, the less than 5 star communication and customer service, led me to start browsing wheels. Then when I did not find anything more than OE reproduction wheels or the offset brodozer wheels I started shopping trucks. If there was no winter/salt, I would have bought a set of Fuel wheels for 1300 bucks and called it a day.
I found 2 trucks, contacted the dealers yada yada. The dealer in Indiana said their online price was wrong, so I told them no thanks. The truck @ Jeff Perry ( the one I purchased ), was in transit and came in on Monday. The salesman I spoke to called me. I told him what the Indiana dealer had theirs listed for and that they offered me more on the trade. I told him what I wanted as the OTD price + the financing. ( I was going to go through Alliant because their 72 mo new car rate was 2.99 % ). He called me back and they agreed to the price and got me @ 2.65% so my new payment is less than the old truck. I pay more per month to pay off the vehicle early so I guess you can say I had equity in the old truck.
I think that sums it up :ROFLMAO:

I told them not to touch the new truck. No front plate, do not wash it, do not wax it, do not grease up the tires. It was washed and the tires were greased up. :mad:
Now the 90 mile drive home slung ( if that is a word ) all the silicone based dressing all over the place. Including the side steps..... because thats not a hazzard :unsure:

It is beefy, 4" taller and 3" wider than the '16

Congratulations man. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for some dealerships to NOT touch vehicles upon explicit request. I’m sure they didn’t do anything beyond your ability to correct. Nice ride!

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Thread Info