đź’¦ Detailing Gav, Get in here!

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
BeerOrGasoline BeerOrGasoline
I maintain a vehicle that belongs to a co worker. CQuartz UK was applied over 2 years ago. With careful wash techniques and regular RELOAD maintenance, the coating is still visibly doing it's job.
I would say it will soon be time for a polish with Essence plus + Reload or just a full polish and re application. The car has no visible wash induced marring / swirls. it's pretty nuts.

I put the Gtechniq CSL on my dads truck and I put CSL + Exo V4 on my truck. So far it's excellent.

How about Ultra vs Light?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wow if the Turtle Wax S&S lasts for a year and costs so little why does anyone use anything else. Guess I’ll be buying a bunch and using it exclusively.

is this the walmart shit?

i like it. :dunno: was awesome on my boat.

im not entering any detailing competitions or making videos but my shit is shiny, water always beeds on whatever i have with it on it, and it's cheap as fuck and goes on quick. :dunno:

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

im not entering any detailing competitions or making videos but my shit is shiny, water always beeds on whatever i have with it on it, and it's cheap as fuck and goes on quick. :dunno:

No clue I was being facetious.

My initial comment was a half joke because the product was being marketed as a "ceramic product" and I said I would rate it 2/10. Someone here donned his white knight garb and quickly went on the defense of spray bottle product, singing the praises of TWS&S which I was not speaking off.

Do I think spray bottle product can be great, sure if you understand its limitations and don't have lofty expectations. Do I think you'll get the same performance as a serum or other type of liquid say in terms of longevity/durability, no.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Same stuff KJ. I have used it on the boat too. It’s cheap and does the job well particularly in a marine environment which is harsh on gelcoat.

I think people get hung up on the brand as a few years ago TW was a low end product. Additionally, folks should not knock it until they try it.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Here’s a recent pic of my G37x after some TW seal and shine. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to apply on the entire vehicle and I use it like a quick detailer after every few washes, so in theory the longevity is forever:)

87ECFED1-8540-4E83-B470-1FC37DD91EB0.jpeg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
No clue I was being facetious.

My initial comment was a half joke because the product was being marketed as a "ceramic product" and I said I would rate it 2/10. Someone here donned his white knight garb and quickly went on the defense of spray bottle product, singing the praises of TWS&S which I was not speaking off.

Do I think spray bottle product can be great, sure if you understand its limitations and don't have lofty expectations. Do I think you'll get the same performance as a serum or other type of liquid say in terms of longevity/durability, no.

White knight here. I was just pointing out that your comment was off base as similar spray products, which you admit having not tried, work well from a shine and durability perspective. Are they a ceramic coating nope?

There’s pros and cons for every type of product including ceramics. These new “spray” products are getting better and better with every generation.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
White knight here. I was just pointing out that your comment was off base as similar spray products, which you admit having not tried, work well from a shine and durability perspective. Are they a ceramic coating nope?

There’s pros and cons for every type of product including ceramics. These new “spray” products are getting better and better with every generation.

giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info