đź’¦ Detailing Gav, Get in here!

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

Lemme know if I can buy you a bottle for review.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: EmersonHart13

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I believe crooks crooks posted the video first.
if you watch the water behavior, NuFinish struggles. the original Cquartz UK is just as good as the pro only IGL coatings.

again, to each their own.
if you want to hand apply nufinish to a full size black truck 1-2 times a year, knock your socks off

Reactions: blue-sun and crooks

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Why? Turtle Wax seal and shine is a great product, which comes in a spray bottle.

Because it is being advertised as a ceramic coating product. Any wax/ceramic coating product in a spray bottle is watered down/diluted in form to make it through the sprayer and will not perform like a serum/paste/thicker liquid.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Because it is being advertised as a ceramic coating product. Any wax/ceramic coating product in a spray bottle is watered down/diluted in form to make it through the sprayer and will not perform like a serum/paste/thicker liquid.

It’s marketing. The tests that I’ve seen for various spray “ceramics” perform pretty close to to true ceramic coats.

I have a lot of high end waxes and sealants in my detailing tub and my Mustang is ceramic coated. I’ve been using Turtle Wax Seal and Shine almost exclusively for the last year since I feel it’s that good and the ease of application is fool proof.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It’s marketing. The tests that I’ve seen for various spray “ceramics” perform pretty close to to true ceramic coats.

I have a lot of high end waxes and sealants in my detailing tub and my Mustang is ceramic coated. I’ve been using Turtle Wax Seal and Shine almost exclusively for the last year since I feel it’s that good and the ease of application is fool proof.

Go for it then man, nobody is stopping you.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I believe crooks crooks posted the video first.
if you watch the water behavior, NuFinish struggles. the original Cquartz UK is just as good as the pro only IGL coatings.

again, to each their own.
if you want to hand apply nufinish to a full size black truck 1-2 times a year, knock your socks off

What's the best ceramic coating on the market? Cquartz? Gtechniq stuff?

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Best is subjective. It's going to depend on your particular use case. Will the car sit outside 24/7? Driven alot? Garage queen/weekend warrior?

Washed regularly or just coated and left to it?

I saw 14 months or protection (aka water beading in the rain) from Meguiars NXT on a weekend warrior car year and years ago (it was my MR2 that was parked winters, washed regularly and covered with a california car cover often)

I've got CQuartz uk3.0 on my/wife's cars as it was relatively cheap and easy to use.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My point above is that rating a product before using it is a bit unfair. The ceramic sprays are very good and continuously improving. I’d give the latest generation of TW Seal and Shine an 8.5/10.

My point is that there is no Ceramic product that comes in a spray bottle that puts a protective coating on a car anywhere close to a year+ and you are trying to rate NuFinish product based on a Turtle Wax product.

Like I said if you are comfortable using spray bottle products than more power to you. I’m not saying you are right or wrong.

Reactions: Aircal and blue-sun

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
BeerOrGasoline BeerOrGasoline
I maintain a vehicle that belongs to a co worker. CQuartz UK was applied over 2 years ago. With careful wash techniques and regular RELOAD maintenance, the coating is still visibly doing it's job.
I would say it will soon be time for a polish with Essence plus + Reload or just a full polish and re application. The car has no visible wash induced marring / swirls. it's pretty nuts.

I put the Gtechniq CSL on my dads truck and I put CSL + Exo V4 on my truck. So far it's excellent.

greasy greasy
the turtle wax seal and shine does well against chemical tests via all of the main youtubers. Would I use it on my personal vehicles ? probably not
would I hesitate to suggest it to a person who wants to add quick protection to their vehicle ? No. For the guy who is just looking for something quick and wouldnt know what a swirl mark looks like, then yeah it works.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
My point is that there is no Ceramic product that comes in a spray bottle that puts a protective coating on a car anywhere close to a year+ and you are trying to rate NuFinish product based on a Turtle Wax product.

Like I said if you are comfortable using spray bottle products than more power to you. I’m not saying you are right or wrong.

Im rating based on high end sealants and ceramic coatings. My favorite sealant is Wolfgang and I have Cquartz applied on my Mustang. I usually use Wolfgang on my daily drivers and recently skipped over it when I detailed my wife’s MDX. I did my usual prep (ironX, clay, polish) and this time topped with Seal and Shine. It’s held up well and it’s so easy to apply that I add another layer after each wash.

I think you’re re getting hung up on the application. If it protects and provides optical depth, who cares how it goes on as long as it’s not a pain in the ass to remove. Technology and chemistry in the detailing world has come a long way in the last decade and will continue to improve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info