Site Sponsor Gav Details v. Winter Prep

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I coated my mom's car 3 years ago. Last year I used CarPro Essence Plus to boost it a bit. I added a layer of CarPro reload. She looked at a few new cars late this summer. She may be looking to purchase... So she said to just give her car a once over. Wash induced swirls etc.
The car was washed last week and was caught in a small amount of rain on Monday. Here is the rundown:

Rinseless wash / wipe down with CarPro ECH2O and Rag Company Minx Royale towels
While the vehicle was still wet, Nano skin glide + Nanoskin handy towel.
I checked the paint with my gauge, anywhere from 5.3 mills down to some areas 4.3 mils
Polish with Blackfire One Step on an orange Lake country polishing pad via Rupes LHR 15 Mark II
Smaller areas: PC 7424XP and a 3" White lake country heavy polishing pad.
Glass was polished with a 3" LC MF cutting pad via the PC
Glass and paint was wiped down with Car Pro Eraser.
Glass was treated with Nextzett Glass Sealant
Paint received GTechniq C2 V3 Liquid Crystal

Not too many before pictures, was in productivity mode but here is a quick IG Video that shows a before and after:

Paint Polished and Glass sealant hazing over:
1703450940941.png

l4p8Vz3.jpg

VhXTpoB.jpg

7rcSCUS.jpg

E4cRJAa.jpg

g68UuRC.jpg

AjlilDu.jpg

So next is my Dad's truck. He had a small run in with the garage door track :confused:

I was hoping a small amount of wet sanding would help but it did not do much. The gouge in the bumper finely shaved some of the plastic, so I filled it with touch up paint.
The Lowell Cornell paint utensil works great for fine scratches and rock chips. I applied 4 layers of paint to the area. Since there are some lower spots, it looks "lumpy" but at least its not a black dot on the bumper. I used a blade to remove the shriveled section of paint/ bumper material.
The truck was coated with Gtechniq CSL last year, so I taped off this section of the bumper and performed the following:
Paint touch up
wet sand w/ 3000 grit
compound with PC, LC MF cutting pad + Menzerna FG 400 ( polish the wetsanding but also remove the coating )
finish polish with PC, Rupes yellow pad + Sonax Perfect Finish
Prep with CarPro Eraser
Apply GT CSL to this section of the bumper.

Before:
YernxYP.jpg

fEZF8fa.jpg

U1fqCAz.jpg

xkEKqbE.jpg

EVeXVxh.jpg

qkxb4BG.jpg

kgAR2x1.jpg

After:

PKMedfo.jpg

iX8t81t.jpg

dXmm0I7.jpg

uWaRwvf.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
ah, ok. So I brought the automotive touch up clear coat but it looks awfully thick in the bottle, so I did not use it.
The factory touch up paint has clear on the bottom but I did not use it either.

I only layered the factory color.

I have not gone down the rabbit hole of color, + clear and then wet sand / repeat as needed. I did not want to try this on my dads truck since I was skeptical on how it would turn out.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info