• 💡Did you know you could subscribe to threads with email alerts without being a member? Simply hit the button at the bottom of a thread you find interesting, and you're good to go. No longer wish to receive emails? Go back to the thread and remove yourself (note: you may have to use the same device as previous).

Site Sponsor Gav Details v. Turbo Cop Part Deux

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Everyone likes to look their best for a special occasion, right ?
Well, Andy asked me to give the Caprice a once over.
Nothing crazy, just a one step to help bring back some shine and provide short term protection.

Pre soak lowers with Gtechniq Citrus all purpose cleaner via iK foam pro 1.5
Wash was done with Optimum no rinse wash ( ONR )
Clay - Rag company ultra clay towel + Nanoskin glide
Towel dry and blow dry jambs, trim, crevices etc

I used the new Rupes cordless HLR15 polisher + yellow rupes wool pad + Rupes Uno Protect.
I revisited the heavy defects on the hood with the milwaukee 15mm cordless polisher + buff n shine Uro fiber 50/50 pad + the last cut compound
This left a bit of haze so I used a yellow rupes foam pad and the Uno Protect to 'finish' the area.

Wheels and tires were cleaned with a combination of the citrus all purpose cleaner and ONR
Tires dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing 3:1

Total working time 3.5 hours
Andy was using the shop time to multi task so the after pictures are with the car on the lift.

OqwFMOT.jpeg

9aRzTSB.jpg

0jHvD9w.jpg

m1pN5Wd.jpg

yi0REFh.jpg

XC2Qo20.jpg

Yes, there was some rubber left on the rear bumper. Let's call it sentimental value

PwNwp4D.jpg

daVwf6f.jpg

MKXDg4m.jpg

h5LB1TB.jpg

X4KSJtQ.jpg

CcyUCII.jpg

xVQdcd5.jpg

78O12oL.jpg

26YU4jL.jpg

rzhjnK0.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Excellent work, as usual!
Thank you sir

Great work as always man and good catching up with you too!
Yeah man, always good to have a 'garage hang'

Got some of that sparkle back!
Sparkles like a turbo diamond for sure

Looks great !!
Thanks Will
Amazing results with so little time and one step process. Bravo
Thank you
definite improvement!

Certainly way better than I could do w/ 3.5 hours :ROFLMAO: I probably would've just gotten the hood done

:rofl:

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
I don't know how I missed this thread, looks fantastic! I really really really need to get my C6 in your hands soon.
Likewise, I was talking with Mook Mook about this when we were having drinks during the cruise. Need to have you get it to the next level, and you already know every detail of that car 😂

Thread Info