Site Sponsor Gav Details v. to Infiniti and beyond

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Yo,
My neighbor purchased a Cquartz kit for his G35 3 years ago..... never got around to applying the coating. He bought the Q50S last summer. Finally time to dial it in.
Not many before pictures as Tim keeps the car pretty clean. The roof and the trunk did not respond to the compounding well. 2 separate passes with a Lake country MF cutting pad and Menzerna FG400 did not correct much. He bought the car used, so it's possible many machine/ brush washes in it's earlier life.
Process:
Wash with CG Clean Slate
Clay with Nanoskin handy towel and Nano skin glide.
Note: Tim was proactive and used Gyeon Iron about a month ago, so there was no fallout deposits to be removed.
Wheels and tires cleaned with P&S brake buster and assorted brushes.
Polish: Rupes LHR 15 Mark II, Uro fiber 50/50 pad, 3 dots of Menzerna 2400 and 1 dot of Menzerna FG400 ( to give a bit more cut but still finish well ).
Smaller sections were polished with a PC 7424XP and a 3" pad and yes, you are reading this right, smaller areas polished with a Rupes iBrid nano longneck 2" bad ( baller status )
Windows were polished with Fg400 and a 3" LC MF Cutting pad
Windows cleaned with Adam's glass cleaner and then prepped with a 50/50 IPA mixture.
All Glass was treated with Nextzett Glass Sealant.

Paint was prepped with CarPro Eraser
1 coat of CQuartz UK was applied last night.
Reload was applied this morning.
Tires dressed with Meg's Hyper Dressing 3:1

Piano Black door trim:
1703451010912.png

3hl8pb4.jpg

Pictures in my garage are after polishing only:
VxYJFm2.jpg

2GmgWIH.jpg

vDj2osd.jpg

CtxEOnx.jpg

Fs6vdk1.jpg

After reload this morning:

s16lQ1h.jpg

GQ5fUID.jpg

oh9fRI6.jpg

lHCJzty.jpg

5xUVedb.jpg

OWhKJPN.jpg

48dqtaq.jpg

YtmwPnb.jpg

Xsmi0X4.jpg

SfU3gEq.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Wash took about an hour.
After drying the car, I used the sidekick blaster to blow out as many seams and emblems etc. Polishing was about 3-4 hours total.
I thought with me applying the coating and Tim removing it would go faster but it did not. So total time spent for the first day was somewhere around 7 hours total.

Misc breaks and a couple phone calls mixed in extended clock time but work time was about 7

Reactions: Shawn1112

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Looks great Gav (y)

Nice work as usual Gav, if you dont mind me asking, how much time did it take?
I still think I'm taking too long on my jobs

I KNOW I take too long :ROFLMAO: But the weather might actually be getting close to cooling down finally (and I mean not in triple digits anymore) so it might be time to start making my plan of attack for the BMW

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Looks great Gav (y)

I KNOW I take too long :ROFLMAO: But the weather might actually be getting close to cooling down finally (and I mean not in triple digits anymore) so it might be time to start making my plan of attack for the BMW
I just cant figure out any shortcuts on the paint correction process. Gav and Greasy fucking run circles around me, and I'm using quality tools and product. I'm literally dreading doing my Tahoe, it looks like its twice the size as my Wifes Cherokee. Thinking I might just hit it with a quick BF 1 step for the winter. Then figure out what I want to do next spring

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Your truck is new, if it's not swirled up, then a single finishing polish should suffice.

Depending on who you talk to, a "section pass" may vary.
Up down, left right, up down
That's "1 pass" for me. Depending on cutting or finishing etc, my arm speed is moderate. Not super slow counting an inch per second and not lightening fast.

Once I remove the polish, I check my work and adjust from there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info