Site Sponsor Gav Details v. Retaining the Title

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So, it's that time of year again, World of Wheels is next week.
Friend from work asked me to prepare his truck for the bright lights.

I did not take as many pictures this time.... The paint was a bit rough but nothing like last year. Thankfully 1 step of correction was all that was needed.
I would say 90% better.
Unfortunately due to a tail light upgrade, the tailgate was ON the truck this time and I was unable to access it since the truck barely fits nose to tail in the garage.

Process:
iK foam 1.5 with Griots Garage foaming surface wash to "waterless" wash the truck
Clay: Pretreat panel with CarPro Ech2O and Nano Skin glide + CG Fine Clay Mitt
Polish: I tried Rupes' new medium wool polishing pads on the roof with Blackfire One step. This worked really well but after 4 sections, I noticed the wool pad getting a bit gummed up ( I just placed an order for a pad cleaning "spur" ). And since it was new, it was shedding a bit. I did not want wool fibers all over the place, so I went to foam.
I tested BF one step with a rupes yellow foam polishing pad versus Menzerna Superfinish 3500 via the same type of pad. There was better results with the SF 3500 so I decided on this....or so I thought.
Using an LED light, I noticed some marring induced by the Mitt. Soft paint ? possibly, some doors and the new bed have been painted.
Final combo to fight the defects:
Rupes yellow polishing pad via Rupes LHR15 Mark II with 2 dots of Rupes Keramik fine gloss + 2 dots of Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Porter cable + 4" Rupes yellow polishing pad for the door moldings, around the door frames, mirrors.
Panel Wipe: CarPro Eraser
Sealant: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 via PC and 4" red finishing pad
Door handles, Cowl and the Duramax hood inserts received CarPro DLux trim coating

Not sure why imgur rotates some of my pictures, so I had to go to PB:

Door handle before: ( sealant can be seen on the surrounding areas )

IMG_20190302_171322_zpsg8yo9nj4.jpg

Door handle after:

IMG_20190302_174348_zpshtzi9i7l.jpg

Afters:

IMG_20190302_181550_zpspvfktojh.jpg

IMG_20190302_181608_zpsrjwcjb6u.jpg

IMG_20190302_181903_zpsqr8wkji4.jpg

Pixel 3 suggest night sight for this one:

IMG_20190302_181951_zps8st6zicj.jpg

IMG_20190302_182021_zpsrtfmrmvl.jpg

and for those who do not follow me on IG ( WTF, :rofl: )
here is a bit of what I was up against:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buh01U-FYQ3/

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Gavin - Great job brother.

I've only worked on one truck and I spent over 35 hours on it. Never again.

#Madrespectforyoumyman.

Thank you.
It was easier the 2nd time around.... hopefully this 3rd time should be even less painful.

The crawling underneath to get to the passenger side is a bit tough on the knees :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Grabber
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info