Site Sponsor Gav Details v. Pony Express

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Yo Dudes,

Sprayin Sprayin was referred to me by Mook Mook , Thanks Mike.
Basic exterior detail / paint enhancement. Thankfully the weather cooperated to some degree, it was a bit cold in the AM but all went accordingly.
I usually list out the entire process and products at the top here.... but I am going to make this thread a bit different. There are a few items I would like to talk through, so I will be posting the info as the pictures flow.
Let me know which way you prefer ( I'm assuming a list @ the top but you will understand why I am posting this one this way ).
On to the vehicle, 2013 Mustang GT.................... BLACK.

One of the items Jeff wanted addressed was some odd form of contamination. He posted in the detail section about them. You can see different pictures there. I took some the best I could.
Since it was a bit chilly in the AM, I wanted to work on the spots first. They were HARD, so I'm not sure if they were sap. I tried Stoners Bug/tar/sap remover and CarPro TarX. Neither worked.
The spots did not even soften up. I started on the hood, they would not budge. I went to the roof and trunk. They were not as large so they seemed to chip away. greasy greasy mentioned Jeff's thread to use a plastic razor blade. Thanks Jim, because thats what I wound up using to carefully "scrape" off the spots. Some came off easier than others. There were some spots on the top of the fenders and 1/4 panels as well as the glass. As they seemed to chip away easier on other panels, I figured the heat cycles of the hood caused them to be a bit harder to remove. Unfortunately it looks like they may have etched the clear coat. I used the Stoners product on the hood to help lessen the hold they had. 90% of the spots were addressed.
Pics:
The were black or clear on the surface but once removed an orange-red, You can see the outline:
1703450842549.png

MhJBOCd.jpg

Some more before pictures:
ApD1lwx.jpg

Y4CqBPH.jpg

rX2fmE2.jpg

VJlStPg.jpg

Rinse and apply Iron X to the paint and the wheels. The barrels had brake dust build up, so I figured, let the cleaner help to break down and loosen the crud:
0RipMlN.jpg

oCUnCWv.jpg

Foam to presoak and allow the Iron X to continue working, I foamed the wheels as well and used the EZ detail brush to scrub the barrels.
8surDvc.jpg

RS1UnRk.jpg

Rinse, Wash with Adam's shampoo. Rinse.
Clay with Nanoskin handy towel and Nanoskin glide.
The exhaust tips were cleaned with P21S Polishing soap.
Dry to reveal what was waiting for me :oops:
XcudIeQ.jpg

BRQgmW4.jpg

I told Jeff I would send pictures of the test sections to see how far he wanted to go with the paint correction.
Here is a section of the trunk, Blackfire One Step, Orange Lake Country Polishing pad ( all large areas Rupes LHR15 Mark II, smaller areas PC7424XP and 3" pads):
uFCDgke.jpg

Here is the middle of the trunk, Menzerna 2400, Buff n Shine 50/50 Urofiber pad. A little bit of haze but more defect removal.
VJRdFkq.jpg

It was at this point when Jeff said the single step would be enough. He was not looking for the car to be perfect. So my plan was to continue with the BF One step and the orange pad. This stuff is super easy to work with and does a pretty damn good job for being a one step product.

Here are some more before pictures:
w2hbvGI.jpg

6YqO3le.jpg

qTiNykb.jpg

Front driver fender:
PP8kxax.jpg

Hood:
hLnuWOI.jpg

I opened the trunk to start on the quarter panel ( spoiler over laps ). I always check the panels as I go with the scangrip light. I was not happy with the results on the 1/4.
So I switched to Rupes yellow polishing pads and Menzerna 2400. Here are some shots after polishing:

G3anMHe.jpg

XV5Sl8F.jpg

Hood:
UMuDzhR.jpg

Some areas had to be finger polished since even the Nano iBrid would not have been productive. Hood vents, around the front and rear bumper recessed areas etc.
The Entire vehicle was wiped down with CarPro Eraser.
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant was applied via a black finishing pad ( PC 7424XP )
The wheels and tires were cleaned with P&S Brake Buster
Wheels were wiped down with CarPro Ech2O + Reload ( DIY quick detailer )
Tires were dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing 3:1
EXT windows: WoWo's glass cleaner.
Done and parked for the night:
P5zys26.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
saved 2
In the garage Sat AM, light positioned to show 70-75% correction. There were areas where deeper scratches/swirls could be seen. Possible automatic brush wash ?
Overall the car looks 100% better.
oDJs5GT.jpg

y5taNiE.jpg

fZwUE3X.jpg

9HFyRo2.jpg

Roof, you can see where the contamination was / still is to some degree.

yTYcOnj.jpg

Same with the hood:
5OEVEDF.jpg

Driver fender looks better:
JmhW2I0.jpg

Mk3zR00.jpg

Staged for pick up:
ZuJP4Yo.jpg

yFiL45X.jpg

hta1WLW.jpg

yta25HC.jpg

mHC2kOW.jpg

Sun FTL
QyfWxro.jpg

tSDHzRq.jpg

YFqHcJH.jpg

5uIkHpO.jpg

5NML3CX.jpg

VGK2rXI.jpg

PuVoRUN.jpg

srjJPbp.jpg

t5gyHbX.jpg

6h2eIxd.jpg

wyHK5Qh.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info