Site Sponsor Gav Details v. "It's not a show car."

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
My buddy Mike leased a 2015 Honda Accord. It's been 3 years and I guess he opted to extend the lease 1 year. The vehicle has never been waxed. It sees automatic car washes.
He asked me about possibly claying and waxing it so that it has some protection for this winter.
I asked how good does he expect it to look. He said, well I don't think it needs a lot of polishing, it will still see automatic car washes. "Gav, it's not a show car."
Okay, So I decided to purchase a new product that would "multitask"
I decided BlackFire One step would be a good option for what Mike wanted.

The funny thing is, that once I started working on the car, he asked for more and more to be done :rofl: That's what happens when the vehicle starts to look good.

He brought the car by on Saturday AM for the DECON stage:
Apply Iron X - 3 to 5 minutes dwell time
PreSoak with Griot's Garage Foaming Surface Wash
Cleaned wheels with Sonax wheels cleaner
Tires Degreased with Super clean

Rinse
Foam with CG Honeydew snowfoam and wash with CG Citrus wash and gloss
Rinse
Clay with Nanoskin Handy towel + Nanoskin glide.
Rinse and dry.
Tires dressed with Meg's Hyper Dressing 3:1

This is how the vehicle looked when it left:
Rin4OZ2.jpg

Today, Sunday, I went to Mke's house. He has a nice heater in his garage so it worked out nicely.
I wiped the vehicle down with Ultima Rinseless wash.

I did not even know his car was metallic until after I started "polishing"
I used the Rupes LHR15 Mark II and a Lake Country Polishing pad for about 90% of the vehicle. I used a Lake country cutting pad on the trunk and rear bumper. There were some water spots and 1 etched area from a bird dropping ( this will be shown in the video I will be working on )
Porter Cable 7424XP and a LC MF cutting pad + Menzerna FG400 was used on some trouble spots.
Here is what the hood looked like before any machine work:
u8MdLlQ.jpg

aEAP3tY.jpg

This is after 3 section passes with moderate hand / arm speed and the machine on 4:
TBqG7yj.jpg

Here is a nasty scratch on the roof:
lSOcjew.jpg

After only the FG400 and the PC:
Dp36rcP.jpg

Driver rear door handle before:
e0FUb6g.jpg

Driver rear door after FG400:
Iugkv7H.jpg

Driver rear door after Blackfire One Step:
n5uJI2Z.jpg

Driver 1/4 panel before:
hFam5m9.jpg

Driver 1/4 panel after FG400:
VYv9F3y.jpg

Driver 1/4 panel after Blackfire One step:
TOMDb54.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Very nice and have been looking at that BF 1 step, think you just sold me on it.
How many hours total in machine work?
I have the Flex 3401 and I think I spend too much time on actual machine work.

Thank you. I would say 4 or 4.5 hours of machine work. The flex is a very capable machine from the research I have done. It was between that and the Rupes... You mentioned in the other thread that you spent 1 hour on a couple of doors on the jeep. Even with 2 polishing steps, that sounds a bit much.

Your patience is incredible. I hate to say that I think I’ve hand washed a car like 5 times :rofl:

Looks great Gav!

Thanks Joel ! I asked him if he was going to take the car back through an auto wash and he said he was going to ask me to make him a wash / quick detail care package with my extra supplies :rofl:

Thank you sir !!

Good God man, if you're ever in Arizona, and just HAPPEN to be traveling with all your supplies, hit me up :rofl:

Road trip !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info