Site Sponsor Gav Details Turbo Cop

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Well, you guys know the drill... vehicle needs attention and I'm asked to fix 'em up.

Straight to it:

Iron X
Foam with Griot's Garage foaming surface wash
Rinse
Wash with CG Clean Slate
Clay with nanoskin handy towel and for the yellow paint over spray :mad:, Pinnacle clay bar
Wheels and tires were cleaned with Nextzett car wash and Optimum power clean to degrease tires.

I used the trunk as a test section, this poor car has some really deep scratches. 1st test section was Menzerna FG400 on a lake country MF cutting pad followed with Menzerna 3500 and a yellow rupes polishing pad. It looked okay. 2nd section was Menzerna Super intensive polish and a yellow rupes polishing pad. Again, looked good but the deeper marks were still present. 3rd test section was Blackfire One Step with a blue lake country foam cutting pad. Let's say that didnt help the deeper marks. I sent Andy videos and pictures. I thought about what else could be done.
The rabbit hole is easily found when multiple polishes, compounds and a list of pads are available.
I tried SIP and a rupes medium wool pad on the driver 1/4 panel. This was a winner.

The hood, front section of the fenders and the front bumper received:
Griot's fast correcting cream on a lake country MF cutting pad followed with menzerna 3500 on a rupes yellow pad. This was to help remove stubborn over spray.
The balance of the car: SIP on rupes medium wool pad followed by blackfire one step on an orange lake country polishing pad.
The Blackfire was topped with CarPro Reload.

Textured plastics were cleaned with Meg's #39 Plastic and vinyl cleaner.
Windows clayed and cleaned with Stoner's.
Wheels received wheel wax
Tires dressed with Meg's hyper dressing 3:1

As it arrived:
1703451281735.png

FAh5m4u.jpg

Yellow accent paint :angrys00ls:
rmZolDL.jpg

CxBGox7.jpg

HHVmT6X.jpg

After the first combo "test"
Xtefji3.jpg

Driver 1/4 before:
gH6pO4g.jpg

Driver 1/4 after wool pad and SIP
0iobZoI.jpg

Driver rear door:
LIuZQ5v.jpg

Here is the driver side of the roof, rear section after wool pad and SIP, front waiting for correction:
Pc6ElYU.jpg

Passenger rear door:
T4onHrI.jpg

Passenger front door:
KFAkROM.jpg

Passenger side of the hood before correcting and still requiring more clay to remove paint ( Driver side was compounded but not finish polished )
i1rPZOY.jpg

I'm not sure if the door trim was "piano black" or not but they did clean up nicely.
meap7Yv.jpg

vDsHmy2.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
saved

Before the after shots, I will tell you this car is not 100% but other than the deeper scratches that would require 2500 and 3000 grit wet sanding, this car came out fantastic.
Andy did not know it was metallic !
Hope you're happy broski :gears:

bMFcrEB.jpg

7P2Lp67.jpg

2YEVuFC.jpg

BeILPoA.jpg

hAtxK6S.jpg

K5oKTLq.jpg

Z1WmsMX.jpg

ItFY0yH.jpg

n4C9Whr.jpg

JlTVkB6.jpg

WtCzIxP.jpg

lAU1UtS.jpg

HHhHdu0.jpg

FOUyKnY.jpg

rXbk43g.jpg

kRWiQtI.jpg

jOyYPfo.jpg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
saved

Before the after shots, I will tell you this car is not 100% but other than the deeper scratches that would require 2500 and 3000 grit wet sanding, this car came out fantastic.
Andy did not know it was metallic !
Hope you're happy broski :gears:

bMFcrEB.jpg

7P2Lp67.jpg

2YEVuFC.jpg

BeILPoA.jpg

hAtxK6S.jpg

K5oKTLq.jpg

Z1WmsMX.jpg

ItFY0yH.jpg

n4C9Whr.jpg

JlTVkB6.jpg

WtCzIxP.jpg

lAU1UtS.jpg

HHhHdu0.jpg

FOUyKnY.jpg

rXbk43g.jpg

kRWiQtI.jpg

jOyYPfo.jpg
Man can’t wait to bring my boat to you !!!! Sooon

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
The odometer probably turned .1 mile. backed in the garage overnight.
Moved to the middle of the garage and then pulled into delivery position.

Engines are by request...and with the level of modification it would not involve free flowing water.

but I can sense the sarcasm :jg:

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Well, you guys know the drill... vehicle needs attention and I'm asked to fix 'em up.

Straight to it:

Iron X
Foam with Griot's Garage foaming surface wash
Rinse
Wash with CG Clean Slate
Clay with nanoskin handy towel and for the yellow paint over spray :mad:, Pinnacle clay bar
Wheels and tires were cleaned with Nextzett car wash and Optimum power clean to degrease tires.

I used the trunk as a test section, this poor car has some really deep scratches. 1st test section was Menzerna FG400 on a lake country MF cutting pad followed with Menzerna 3500 and a yellow rupes polishing pad. It looked okay. 2nd section was Menzerna Super intensive polish and a yellow rupes polishing pad. Again, looked good but the deeper marks were still present. 3rd test section was Blackfire One Step with a blue lake country foam cutting pad. Let's say that didnt help the deeper marks. I sent Andy videos and pictures. I thought about what else could be done.
The rabbit hole is easily found when multiple polishes, compounds and a list of pads are available.
I tried SIP and a rupes medium wool pad on the driver 1/4 panel. This was a winner.

The hood, front section of the fenders and the front bumper received:
Griot's fast correcting cream on a lake country MF cutting pad followed with menzerna 3500 on a rupes yellow pad. This was to help remove stubborn over spray.
The balance of the car: SIP on rupes medium wool pad followed by blackfire one step on an orange lake country polishing pad.
The Blackfire was topped with CarPro Reload.

Textured plastics were cleaned with Meg's #39 Plastic and vinyl cleaner.
Windows clayed and cleaned with Stoner's.
Wheels received wheel wax
Tires dressed with Meg's hyper dressing 3:1

As it arrived:
Hv6hnPp.jpg

FAh5m4u.jpg

Yellow accent paint :angrys00ls:
rmZolDL.jpg

CxBGox7.jpg

HHVmT6X.jpg

After the first combo "test"
Xtefji3.jpg

Driver 1/4 before:
gH6pO4g.jpg

Driver 1/4 after wool pad and SIP
0iobZoI.jpg

Driver rear door:
LIuZQ5v.jpg

Here is the driver side of the roof, rear section after wool pad and SIP, front waiting for correction:
Pc6ElYU.jpg

Passenger rear door:
T4onHrI.jpg

Passenger front door:
KFAkROM.jpg

Passenger side of the hood before correcting and still requiring more clay to remove paint ( Driver side was compounded but not finish polished )
i1rPZOY.jpg

I'm not sure if the door trim was "piano black" or not but they did clean up nicely.
meap7Yv.jpg

vDsHmy2.jpg
Looks great man!

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info