3800 GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i went to the gas station to fill my car up with gas.... when i noticed somehting..

gas was leaking from my car... it wasnt coming from where u put in the gas but it was coming from under my car... the leaking stopped.. but i noticed when i made turns and such there would be gas on the floor... i dont know where the leak is coming from let alone why it would just starting leaking from somewhere... it was like i over filled it.. but i only filled it 3/4 of a full tank.. it doesnt leak when the car is not moving..... and i dont think there would be a hole in my gas tank i filled it full last week.... i did not bottom out my car anywhere... any ideas would be great!!.. i fear i have to take it in to the shop over the weekend..

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
Originally posted by rockbassray@Sep 2 2005, 12:10 AM
So i went to the gas station to fill my car up with gas.... when i noticed somehting..

gas was leaking from my car... it wasnt coming from where u put in the gas but it was coming from under my car...  the leaking stopped.. but i noticed when i made turns and such there would be gas on the floor... i dont know where the leak is coming from let alone why it would just starting leaking from somewhere... it was like i over filled it.. but i only filled it 3/4 of a full tank.. it doesnt leak when the car is not moving..... and i dont think there would be a hole in my gas tank   i filled it full last week.... i did not bottom out my car anywhere... any ideas would be great!!.. i fear i have to take it in to the shop over the weekend..
[snapback]96766[/snapback]​

You need to look under the car to see where it is leaking from. On a truck I had, there was a line right next to the fill tube that was used for removing the gas when the tank needed to be removed. Well the plug that closed off that tube rusted off so when I filled up the tank and it pressurized because of the heat it would shoot gas out that tube. Check that and also check to make sure none of your fuel lines rusted through. Also check the connections by the fuel filter.

Ok so I took a look at the fuel filter which i replaced about 3 months ago... around it seemed to be wet or was wet cause it was darker then the rest of the area.. i proceeded to look at the lines on the filter to make sure they were in all the way.. which they were.. the C ring holding the filter in waqs tight and in place.. this looks like the area the gas must have been coming out of... my question is... why would it leak from the top of the tank when i couldnt fill it up more then 3/4? i rocked my car back and fourth to see if i could see any spillage like i did when i would turn on a road.. nope.. but it is wet on the top of the tank? any ideas?

I wish it was a good thing. ever since gas poured out of my tank from where the fuel pump is, my meter and not moved.. only thing that seems to be working properly is the fuled used. it has been at 3/4 fuel since thursday night!!.. and idea why it would pour out from the fuel pump on top of the tank? fuel pump is in there and fitted tightley, and the fuel lines are on snug..! i think i might trade it into carmax asap before something else goes wrong.. might be time to get a more fuel effiecnt car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list