• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

gas pedal and hood latch

gtp02

gtp
Reaction score
popped my hood today and now it wont shut all the way, any input? and the gas pedal is sticking alittle causing the car to keep accelerating even when foot is off the pedal. any help or input would be great. thanks

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
for the hood.. the line probably froze..

take out a hairdryer with with extension cord and heat up the hood latch for a little bit.. bet it will close

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
The pedal, check the throttle for build up, this will cause the plate(and the pedal) to stay open. If that is all clean, check the throttle plate, and see if it sticks anywhere.... of thats all good, check the pedal assembly, and see where it is catching, and what repairs are needed....

Most of the time though, the stick pedal is from gunk build-up in the throttle Body, It's rare(not unheard of, just uncommon) for the pedal assembly to have issues

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
The latch on my car freezes and wont close all the way, unless I pull in the garage and let it heat up.

Damn GM latches. They seem to be always broke. Especially when you wanna race. :s00ls:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom