Gas Issue

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Sep 9, 2008
Not hard to put on. You don't drop the fuel tank. You can get to the fuel pump via the trunk access panel in the rear seat. Left up the carpet and you'll see the compartment door. I advise you to clean thoroughly the area from dirt. You don't want any gunk to get into your tank. Unhook the fuel pump, be cautious of any excess gas so bring a small tub to put it in, take out the sender. Insert the new sender and re-install.

What mileage do you have? If it's high, have you considered installing a new fuel pump w/ sending unit?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's an easy job. If it's a high mileage car you might just consider swapping the entire fuel canister. It's easier and might be cheaper, depending on what senders cost. We have the whole canister, brand new for pretty cheap. It's probably our most popular item now that these cars are all old and stuff. :)

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Not hard to put on. You don't drop the fuel tank. You can get to the fuel pump via the trunk access panel in the rear seat. Left up the carpet and you'll see the compartment door. I advise you to clean thoroughly the area from dirt. You don't want any gunk to get into your tank. Unhook the fuel pump, be cautious of any excess gas so bring a small tub to put it in, take out the sender. Insert the new sender and re-install.

What mileage do you have? If it's high, have you considered installing a new fuel pump w/ sending unit?

The car has about 136k on it, the motor has about 40k. I will look into just holding off a little bit and changing out the pump then. Do you guys thing I would need one of those race fuel pumps

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
fp.jpg

Cut the 2 purple wires right in the center.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info