Gas block tapped and pinned

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
On my AR15, the gas block came tapped, and the barrel had a notch already in it so all I had to do was hammer in the roll pin. I'm finishing up an AR10 build, and my gas block did not come tapped, nor did my barrel come notched for it.

Can anyone recommend a good spot, preferably in the NW Burbs to have this done?

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
What type of barrel is it? Is it Nitride, melonite, ect treated? I usually ship them out to ADCO but they will not do treated barrels. Used Nefarious firearms to have my treated barrel pinned. Don't know of any places local.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yep anything that goes on first needs to be installed unless it is a low profile block.

Working on my first "10" can't wait to see pics.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Yes ship the barrel nut. Or tell them to leave the pin loose when they ship it back.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
Huge vote here for ADCO and Nefarious arms. You can ship to ADCO for about $10 through USPS. I would NOT trust a weld pin or a gas block pin to one of the moron gunsmiths at a local shop.

I've had ADCO pin/weld a dozen or so muzzle devices and pin a dozen or so blocks. 1meangt can attest to it.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I bought a jig to do it myself.

Got about 75% through, but the but refuses to go any further. I even went with a Cobalt bit.

I'm going to try drilling with a smaller pilot and seeing if that helps, otherwise I will end up taking it somewhere.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
I bought a jig to do it myself.

Got about 75% through, but the but refuses to go any further. I even went with a Cobalt bit.

I'm going to try drilling with a smaller pilot and seeing if that helps, otherwise I will end up taking it somewhere.
Wait, do you have the BRD jig? If so, how do you like it and can I borrow it, lol.

Get a carbide bit from McMaster Carr and pick it up in their will call in Elmhurst. Their drill bits are awesome.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the BRD jig for Ballistic Advantage gas blocks. And you can for sure borrow it once I'm done with it.

It's nice for sure, and it's allowed me to drill a perfect hole in the block and notch the barrel. The damn bit just won't go through.

I'll try a carbide bit. Wish me luck!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
Yeah, for sure try it. If you ever need any other tools, let me know. I pretty much have everything else!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom