Drag to reposition cover

Garden of the Gods (Illinois) Day or Weekend Cruise

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, we really need to start getting meets going. I need to start getting motivated do get these going. Gods popped in my head last night. I'd love to revisit it without me bitching the entire time because I'm drenched in sweat and tired (we hit this spot up on one of the TCG Tours).

Its about 5 hours down if we take Google's route...I'm sure we can come up with a more enjoyable route if needed. It COULD be done in a single day but we could also turn it into a weekend trip.

Even if only a handful of us go, would still be fun. Might be a stretch for the e85 folks :mamoru: I could always hold jugs of fuel in my car.

Thoughts?

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Was thinking sometime in August? My sister's baby is due end of this month / first week of August, so I don't want to schedule stuff that I may have to bail on.

Maybe like mid Aug? I'm totally fine with a day trip as well. It's a lot of driving but wouldn't be terrible.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Can do, they are harping at me to spend my vacation anyways.

WTF are they gonna do when I get an extra week of vac next year lol.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Every Friday off for 20 weeks?
Can't forget the 4 floating holidays in addition to the reg vacation.

Was thinking sometime in August? My sister's baby is due end of this month / first week of August, so I don't want to schedule stuff that I may have to bail on.

Maybe like mid Aug? I'm totally fine with a day trip as well. It's a lot of driving but wouldn't be terrible.
Maybe as we get closer to Shawnee veering west a bit and following some of the Mississippi River roads which should be more scenic and curvy. Doesn't make much sense early on, but nearer to Shawnee its not as much of a detour.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
Yea x3 on thinking we were taking a TCG road trip out to Colorado lmao, maaaaaan pikes peak hill climb after this thooooooo

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd be down for another road trip out there. Went in April 2019. Rounded out the scenic drives (including Pikes Peak Toll Road) by doing the Manitou Incline, then sat in a car for two days to drive home. I strongly discourage that level of stupidity.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Yea x3 on thinking we were taking a TCG road trip out to Colorado lmao, maaaaaan pikes peak hill climb after this thooooooo
I can barely get guys to show up for local events. You think I'm gonna try and put something together 15 hours away?

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
15 hours if you're hauling ass and don't stop for gas. Figure closer to 18-19 once you figure traffic, gas, eating, etc. The good thing is once you hit Kansas you can look around for 30 seconds then ignore the rest of it, cause it all looks the same, 🤣

But yeah, I get your point.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
A trip to Colorado would be more of a longer TCG Tour and getting participation on that would be tough.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m interested, but need more concrete details. Mid August probably isn’t going to work because I have a hockey tournament then.

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'm open to whenever. Early Sept is fine too. Just needs to be a weekend.

Actually, it can be any day, for me at least. Weekday, weekend, whenever.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
15 hours if you're hauling ass and don't stop for gas. Figure closer to 18-19 once you figure traffic, gas, eating, etc. The good thing is once you hit Kansas you can look around for 30 seconds then ignore the rest of it, cause it all looks the same, 🤣

But yeah, I get your point.
You drive slow. I’ve made the trip countless times and 15-16 solo is easy. With a 1 year old it took me 18. Kansas is not the way to go

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This seems like a dud. All good. I'll try and think of something a bit closer and not something we've done before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom