🏡 Better Homes Garage Stereo?

barkingspud

Regular
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Nov 15, 2006
Ok....I've been using a Blose (Bose) Sound Dock as a Garage Speaker with a Bluetooth interface for a really long time. The Blose finally died when I left it outside in the rain. Time to replace. I am considering 2 options, 1) Find a decent replacement for the Blose. Instead of a single speaker, perhaps 2 for a Stereo pair or 2) Do a Garage Stereo as I actually have a spare Integrated Amp that has a Bluetooth interface. Then I'd just need a pair of bookshelf speakers but that setup will take up more room.

The thing is, I don't want to take up a lot of room as my garage is FULL of crap.

Thoughts?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ok....I've been using a Blose (Bose) Sound Dock as a Garage Speaker with a Bluetooth interface for a really long time. The Blose finally died when I left it outside in the rain. Time to replace. I am considering 2 options, 1) Find a decent replacement for the Blose. Instead of a single speaker, perhaps 2 for a Stereo pair or 2) Do a Garage Stereo as I actually have a spare Integrated Amp that has a Bluetooth interface. Then I'd just need a pair of bookshelf speakers but that setup will take up more room.

The thing is, I don't want to take up a lot of room as my garage is FULL of crap.

Thoughts?

i did a polk soundbar/sub setup from costco most recently and just bluetooth/cast to it and im a big fan.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ve got an old Pioneer receiver, that has actually sliders for the EQ, sitting on a shelf. It’s driving two of the cheapest bookshelf speakers I could find at Best Buy. They’re mounted on the wall up near the ceiling, about 2’ from each corner.

They sound surprisingly good.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I use and old iMac to play music in my garage using a set of old Yamaha speakers I’ve had since the early 90’s. Bose speakers were picked out of the neighbors trash after he didn’t sell them in his garage sale that needed a single solder joint fixed. Old kenwood receiver is 100w per channel from my parents place. It’s way loud and more than enough to be heard over whatever noise is going on in the garage.

23364DE8-9F4D-498A-BD44-CB7B2809BEA2.jpeg

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I have this speaker sitting on myself with an alexa hooked up to it... I love it because i can bring outside if I need to, if not it just sits on the shelf and bumbs hard... plus if you ever want another one they can link and play the same station on both speakers.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
My buddy runs something along the lines of this along with two polk/whatever speakers mounted to the wall. Works fine.

I personally run an old Denom 5.1 receiver with 5 Boston Acoustic satellite speakers plus a subwoofer. Sounds incredible. It also has a second zone that powers two Polk all-weather speakers out on the patio.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, my Pioneer (SX-201) is so old it didn't even come with a remote. I think it's a whopping 50w/ch, and I rarely get it up more than 1/4 volume and I can hear it fine in front of the garage, but it is not so loud that you'll hear it at the street.

*same model, not a photo of mine:
1660666351386.png

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I have an old Sony stereo with a subwoofer on top of my cabinets. The trick is keeping the speakers above the door and on a side wall facing in. I can crank my tunes up to the point where you would think the cops are coming. Even with the door open I can still barely tell what song is playing at the end of my driveway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info