Garage heater advice

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
80k is likely too much, and yes you can have too much. It will short cycle the heater if you go too big. Follow the sq ft recommendation for the heater.
this ^

i have a 75k in my 2 car and it short cycles.. but i only paid $50 for it, new from a crackhead. ill deal

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Gas is the way I would go. I trenched from my house to the garage last year to run a bigger and new electrical service out there.
Bought an electric heater runs off a 220. Costs about $12 a day to run it. I left that fucker on the whole first month and got the surprise of my life when that electrical bill came. I shoulda ran a separate trench and ran a gas line as well, lesson learned

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
hell no. just get B vent. youll be fine
dont forget those mr heater things are forced exhaust, and its not as hot as a vertical non forced unit.
Wtf is a b vent?
Any issues running this horizontal vs vertical?
Now kind of thinking I don’t want snow and shit to fall into it if horizontal. And if I go vertical it may heat that part of the attic next to the kids room which is always cold so it may help. So either go through a brand new roof or brand new siding...hmmmm
Wife won’t care as long as it’s not ugly and passes inspection and code

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Wtf is a b vent?
Any issues running this horizontal vs vertical?
Now kind of thinking I don’t want snow and shit to fall into it if horizontal. And if I go vertical it may heat that part of the attic next to the kids room which is always cold so it may help. So either go through a brand new roof or brand new siding...hmmmm
Wife won’t care as long as it’s not ugly and passes inspection and code
inspection? whos inspection? youre not pulling a permit for this, are you?

yes, like adam said, bvent is double wall stuff.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Stupid simple

IMG_20191107_081131.jpeg
IMG_20191107_081201.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info