Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Been waiting for something to step in and replace Banshee, and this looks to be it.

Gareth Evans is back in action mode with Gangs of London. Evans directed the mostly action-free horror movie Apostle in 2018, but Gangs of London looks like its more in line with his Raid movies. In Gangs of London, “When the head of a criminal organization, Finn Wallace, is assassinated, the sudden power vacuum his death creates threatens the fragile peace between the intricate web of gangs operating on the streets of the city. Now it’s up to the grieving, volatile and impulsive Sean Wallace to restore control and find those responsible for killing his father.”

Evans co-created the series with Matt Flannery, and Evans helms a large chunk of the episodes, including all of the complex choreographed fight scenes. Other directors include Corin Hardy (The Nun) and Xavier Gens (Frontier(s)). The cast includes Joe Cole (Peaky Blinders), Sope Dirisu (The Huntsman: Winter’s War), Lucian Msamati (Black Earth Rising), Michelle Fairley (Game of Thrones), Mark Lewis Jones (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Narges Rashidi (The Girlfriend Experience), Jing Lusi (Crazy Rich Asians), Pippa Bennett-Warner (Harlots), Brian Vernel (Dunkirk), Orli Shuka (War Machine), Richard Harrington (Poldark), Jude Akuwidike (Beasts of No Nation), and Emmett J. Scanlan (Peaky Blinders).

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This show is staring to get a bit ridiculous. Its quite clear the over the top gore and violence was to make up for generic storytelling and writing. I plan on finishing it but the more I watch, the less impressed I am.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I don't know how I ever missed this thread. Probably didnt give it a shot since it was cinemax, which I dont have. But this just started airing on AMC a couple weeks ago. Watched the first episode tonight and I was hooked. Now Reading this was from the dude that did Raid makes TOTAL sense now :LOL: The fight scenes in this show are just unbelievably raw and BRUTAL. Fuck.

After I was done w/ the first episode I immediately went to amazon and signed up for the free week trial of AMC+ since the entire show is there to stream. Starting Ep 3 now. I will definitely binge the rest of this show this weekend, and then probably cancel AMC+

If you have any interest in this show its worth it for AMC+ just for the quality increase alone, since AMC's broadcast quality is still absolute SHITE even still in 2021. Especially for poorly lit scenes. Even the AMC+ stream isnt amazing, but its leagues better.

Reactions: BS ISF

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Id say the biggest one is Mad Men, but I think that's also free on IMDB TV on amazon right now too, but I think thats a timed thing until it moves exclusively to AMC+. The first few seasons of Hell on Wheels was great as well. Thats...about....it.. AMC+ is an odd thing right now. Unless you like loads of walking dead, most of their great shows like Preacher, Humans, Halt and Catch Fire, Into the Badlands, or even Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad dont seem to be available..... Just doesnt make sense, unless AMC has these shows on exclusive deals also with people like...oh i dont know AMAZON.

That's all to say I wouldnt bother right now unless there is actually a show on AMC+ you want to binge during the week free trial like I did, because I will be cancelling it now before my trial is up. Until they add more of their OWN shows into their OWN service, I don't see the point.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
That’s kind of what I was finding. Never watched TWD or any of its dozen spin-offs, mad men has been over for years, so it’s all reruns. Not much new content.

If I can binge S1 of the show I might do the seven day trial. Or wait till S2 is fully released and do both seasons at once.

Amazon Prime wanted over $20 for just the first season. That’s how much I paid for a year of MotorTrend On Demand which has way more content.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Still only on Cinemax or another streaming service?

AMC+

Watched ep 2 last night. God, Luan is a fucking beast :ROFLMAO:

I get so scared whenever someone goes after him, but then he just destroys them in the most brutal ways :LOL:

The fight scenes already this season, they are definitely trying to make the audience cringe..................and its WORKING.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
AMC+

Watched ep 2 last night. God, Luan is a fucking beast :ROFLMAO:

I get so scared whenever someone goes after him, but then he just destroys them in the most brutal ways :LOL:

The fight scenes already this season, they are definitely trying to make the audience cringe..................and its WORKING.
Damn, don't have that. PM me your login.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Damn, don't have that. PM me your login.
Schitts Creek Please GIF by CBC

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info