GAMECHANGING 3800 W-Body Downpipe COMPLETELY changes the 3800 sound.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

Reactions: DanJ

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Ya know I'm really just sad that this doesn't do me any good in an f body. Oh well turbo ftw anyway but that thing sounds [emoji1786]

Idk why all the hate on zzp, they actually offer really good stuff for these no one else has and they're super responsive to email and happy to toss out ideas on how to go faster without breakin the bank. I also don't really see anyone else doin stuff for us and hardly hear a thing bout the guy at intense unless somebody's asking what canned pcm to go with.

That being said I'll toss their stickers all over the shop but not on my car and somebody should point me in the direction of some tcg ones to sport at the track. If we don't got em I know a guy be happy to make us a bunch [emoji16]

Reactions: TurboTPI and m_dogg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i figure its a 3inch dp with a walled divider that probably protrudes into the rear manifold to mostly isolate the two banks exhaust pulses till farther down the DP.

its the only thing i ever figured on that would fix the tone in a way i would figure sounds probably like that. they may have graduated holes in the divider to bleed off the pressure waves slowly

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yall need to hear the waGN in person....and you too will want a bundle of equal length snakes

i did manage to get the 442s front engines secondary's within 4 inches of each other....having heard the cressida i figured the engine that would be loudest in the passenger cabin should probably avoid the 3800 blatt.

i was right.

thing is after looking at the w and h body rear mani's in my backyard pile their split DP would lump 1,3,5,6 into one channel and 2,4 into the other unless the tongue going into the manifold makes a fairly precise S curve

Reactions: Rdrnnr
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info