Aug 14, 2017
DQyGcfMVQAIwAdO

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Surprising no one, a special collectors edition bluray set is coming out Dec 3rd. Actually looks kinda cool. No pricing info yet, but I'm always a sucker for these things..

https://www.polygon.com/deals/2019/...s-edition-boxset-reunion-special-conan-obrien

$249. Ehhhhhh

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJSGRZF/?tag=tcg21-20

I put it on preorder. I have until december 3rd to change my mind, or see if it the price drops.

WELP. I forgot I had this on order, and I also forgot it was coming next week, and I just got the shipping notice for it :ROFLMAO: Oh well. I was likely going to get it anyways, but the timing of this is really not great after the haul I just put out for black friday stuff. Good thing I didn't go more crazy then I did.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Been binging this. Saw the war with the WWs last night. Then spent today reading this thread for over a hour... lol. Over half this thread is after season 6 ended. Stopped reading this at page 125 until I can finish the show.
Millions of questions but here are a few... When Sam stabbed the WW it exploded. Same as Jon with his sword. Why were they not turning to ice particles in the battle? They even lined the castle walls and spikes with dragon glass.
My cable and TV could not handle the battle at all. The dark layers where all swirling and that what you could see in the light was all fuzzy so that sucked.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
If you're asking why they exploded from dragon glass and/or valeryian steel earlier in the show, but not later when it counted, the answer is simple. Lazy writing. In my opnion once they got past the books (around season 6) it all started to come off the rails. It was very evident that they couldnt handle the charecters once they didnt have thousands of pages backing them up. The battle was a poor choice by the cinematographer basically. I suspect if you watched it on blu-ray with a large properly calibrated display in a light controlled space it looks amazing. However throw it through a shit ton of compression for a "4k" stream, and onto a smaller not calibrated display like 95% of people who watched it, and its a fucking mess. Throw in some amient light, again like most people watching at home, and its even worse.

Good for you for binging it though! You have at least 5-6 seasons of some GREAT TV :)

Reactions: Aircal

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
  • Wow
Reactions: BS ISF

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
We've been taking it slow and doing a few episodes here and there. We are halfway through Season 5. Idk if I'm just maybe jaded from how they ended the show, but I'm not as enthusiastic about this show this round as when I watched it live.

There are really good story arcs, but equally as many horrible ones. Some great acting. Some is almost unwatchable. It's odd.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
which one was that?
S6 finale? That's where Cersei blows up the sept and kills pretty much everyone that matters in Kings Landing (and has an absolute BANGER soundtrack too), mother of tits goes to Westeros, they show that Jon (not exactly explicitly) is a Targ, Jon becomes king in the north, Cersei becomes Queen. Basically showing that this show is going to be awesome in the next couple seasons (before they absolutely fuck it all up).

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
S6 finale? That's where Cersei blows up the sept and kills pretty much everyone that matters in Kings Landing (and has an absolute BANGER soundtrack too), mother of tits goes to Westeros, they show that Jon (not exactly explicitly) is a Targ, Jon becomes king in the north, Cersei becomes Queen. Basically showing that this show is going to be awesome in the next couple seasons (before they absolutely fuck it all up).
Whos gonna tell him?

Thread Info