Gallblader removal surgery in the morning.....

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Hey yall

If it ain't one thing it's another..

I sure miss being in my 20s without health issues and feeling like a beast...

Dam gallstones got me. Gallbladder is being removed in morning. Crossing my fingers and believing in my faith hoping for no issues.

Anyone here have it removed recently? The surgery has drastically changed in recent years. They do small laser incisions instead of putting tubes in your throat and leaving big scars.

How has your life changed from having it removed?

How long was your recovery?

Thanks friends

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
With the small incisions the recovery is much faster but you’ll still be down for a couple of weeks, you won’t be able to eat greasy or spicy foods for a while maybe not at all depends on your body.

Had mine taken out about 10 years ago and to this day I can’t eat too much fried food but spicy is okay for some weird reason.

Probably gonna lose some weight too lol I lost about 20 lbs. good luck!

Reactions: HeavyG

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
With the small incisions the recovery is much faster but you’ll still be down for a couple of weeks, you won’t be able to eat greasy or spicy foods for a while maybe not at all depends on your body.

Had mine taken out about 10 years ago and to this day I can’t eat too much fried food but spicy is okay for some weird reason.

Probably gonna lose some weight too lol I lost about 20 lbs. good luck!
Good info thanks. Does eating sweets effect you negatively?

Have you been able to keep those 20lbs off?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Yessss. I ran into your old thread on here lol

Do spicy foods cause chaos? Abnormal bowl movements?

I was eating a lot of greasy, ground beef Tacos and burritos back then.
Like almost every day ?

Its the only assumption I came up with forking my system.

My symptoms were excruciating, never ending gut pain when I had an attack.

My gall bladder was loaded with stones, dead, gang green GB inside me. The Doc told me It could had burst and killed Me.

• Wow

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I can't comment specifically on gall bladder removal, but I had my appendix removed about 10 years ago. The incisions were so small, I didn't even get stitches. The incision area just kind of felt like a bad bruise for a couple days after surgery, but really wasn't a big deal. I assume it will be similar for the gall bladder. You will be fine and you'll be feeling better pretty quick after the surgery.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
I can't comment specifically on gall bladder removal, but I had my appendix removed about 10 years ago. The incisions were so small, I didn't even get stitches. The incision area just kind of felt like a bad bruise for a couple days after surgery, but really wasn't a big deal. I assume it will be similar for the gall bladder. You will be fine and you'll be feeling better pretty quick after the surgery.
Ok ok ? what was the duration of your surgery? Mines 2 hours

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info