G8 instruction manual lies!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
After trying on several occasions to get my phone to link with the G8's Bluetooth, I had given up. I started doing some interweb research and found out that it only came with the 2009.5's :( What a kick in the balls! I was doing exactly what the instruction manual said and could not figure out why it wouldn't work. A big crock of shit I tell you! Supposedly there is a way to swap one in, but it's not cost effective. I was so excited because it seemed like a really awesome feature. Pontiac can go buy a bag of Skittles and go fuck themselves. I understand why they chose to include that in the manual, but it just sucks for those that don't have that feature.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
you're just pissed you cant wear one of those trendy ear pieces and look super important

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
On the GXP the Bluetooth button is on the right side of the steering wheel next to the thumb wheel. Does yours have that?

OP
blakbearddelite

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
On the GXP the Bluetooth button is on the right side of the steering wheel next to the thumb wheel. Does yours have that?
The Bluetooth is linked with OnStar. If you want Bluetooth, you have to get a new OnStar unit which is VIN linked.

98GTPDriva

Reaction score
The 2009.5s have a "3" as the 6th to last digit in the VIN... all others have a "2" in it.

Check up on g8board.com and I think there are some alternatives to it. I haven't read much about it just because I could care less about bluetooth.

OP
blakbearddelite

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
you're just pissed you cant wear one of those trendy ear pieces and look super important
Alright Mook, I'm about to make you look very foolish ;)

Why would I need the car to have Bluetooth capabilities if I wanted to wear an ear piece?

The car Bluetooth goes through OnStar and your car speakers...bypassing the need to wear an ear piece. So go suck it bish and be prepared to lose some $$$ to me this weekend.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i know all about the speaker bluetooth. i'm just saying you wanted to look like a yuppy. and after i take yours and jims money, i'm gonna put it in a kiddy pool and swim in it

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my 09 I knew about the 09.5 only having bluetooth. They actually had 1 09.5 on the lot but it was a tad bit more and I would never use the dam feature anyway. It would be dam hard to tell the wife I missed her call when the shit rings thru the speakers...lol

OP
blakbearddelite

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
i know all about the speaker bluetooth. i'm just saying you wanted to look like a yuppy. and after i take yours and jims money, i'm gonna put it in a kiddy pool and swim in it
Oh yeah, well I'm just saying that I'm going to bankrupt you faster than a Madoff ponzi scheme.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cause holding your phone is so much cooler and safer. :dunno:

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's been proven that a handsfree isn't any safer :wavey:
I hope nobody talks to passangers either. :noes:

I like my bluetooth. I can still drive, talk, and flip teh bird when needed.

OP
blakbearddelite

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
...I would never use the dam feature anyway...
What did the dam feature do? Could it be used to divert the water around your windshield? I think that sounds like it could be practical.

J/k, I'm busting your bawls dude ;)

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
You are trendy as fuck....

Bilsteins
iphone
earpiece (in an automatic)
If making shit easy is being trendy, Ill lead the pack.

Ive used hands free since they were being pulled out of my ear by the cable connected to my phone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom