Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
SO FUCKING IN

From Bane to Venom to Mad Max, Tom Hardy has brought a wide array of beloved characters to life. Just in time for the holidays, the actor is adding an iconic - and unexpected - property to his arsenal. A new trailer has made the rounds online for FX's upcoming adaptation of A Christmas Carol, which Hardy will executive produce and star in. The miniseries will serve as a new adaptation of Charles Dickens' iconic novel, with Hardy playing a currently-undisclosed role. If the first teaser is any indication, it looks to be a period-accurate - but slightly terrifying - take on the legendary tale.

The A Christmas Carol miniseries will star Guy Pearce as Ebenezer Scrooge, Andy Serkis as Ghost of Christmas Past, Stephen Graham as Jacob Marley, Charlotte Riley as Lottie, Joe Alwyn as Bob Cratchit, Vinette Robinson as Mary Crachit, Jason Flemyng as Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Kayvan Novak as Ali Baba, Lenny Rush as Tiny Tim, and Johnny Harris as Franklin Scrooge.

A Christmas Carol will be written by Steven Knight, who previously wrote on Hardy's other period pieces Peaky Blinders and Taboo. The project is executive-produced by Knight, Hardy, and Ridley Scott, and directed by Nick Murphy.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Tom Hardy. Back in the olden times there was a great actor named Christian Bale. He did a lot of movies that were quite different and he gave them his all. One time he played Batman even. Tom Hardy is carrying on his work ethic and diverse work.
I mean what’s next, Tom hardy loses a bunch of weight for the next transformers machinist movie?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I made it maybe 30 minutes. I'm sure it ends up being good, but I just couldn't stick with it. Not to mention the recording said it was 3 damn hours with no signs of commercials.
I too was going to turn it off after the first 30. The first spirit was getting to drawn out for me. But the acting and cinematography kept me going. I finished the whole thing and glad I did. Definitely a modern dark spin to an old classic. I have recommended others to watch. I think its worth the watch if you can handle the content.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info