FWD anti-dive

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
I've been thinking about this since I had the SSEi at the track...

I want to try to make an anti-dive/squat that functions simliar to how the sway bars work. Well, exactly the same actually, just front to rear. Tie the front wheel to the rear wheel on the same side, on both sides.

Does anybody have any background with making custom sway bars? In order to make this work I'd have to be able to find a long enough bar to start with. So I think that limits me to a custom set of bars. And then I'd have to figure out if they are weld-on ends or some other method.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
What suspension do you currently have?

I know you can alter anti-dive by altering the rear mount points on the front control arm but then you would have more lift on acceleration.

anti-dive under braking geometry and anti rise under acceleration geometry. .. is the same suspension pick up points locations.
for the front lower control arms the front pivot point needs to be lower than the rear. there are minor changes depending on how much castor is configured into the strut as to what percentage anti dive/anti rise you'll get

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
While a firmer suspension might help with this, that's going to effect driveability/stance/etc.

Another, maybe better, thought I had was to use air actuated cylinders at each LCA to the frame. I could plumb air lines reversed between the front and rear wheel for the same effect, then I could use the ELC pump to bias pressure if needed, and vent them when not needed. Might even be cheaper than trying to get some bars made, and push-button on/off.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
While a firmer suspension might help with this, that's going to effect driveability/stance/etc.

Another, maybe better, thought I had was to use air actuated cylinders at each LCA to the frame. I could plumb air lines reversed between the front and rear wheel for the same effect, then I could use the ELC pump to bias pressure if needed, and vent them when not needed. Might even be cheaper than trying to get some bars made, and push-button on/off.
A proper setup suspension will do what you want. No such thing exists for this turd chassis though.

What you're talking about is crazy.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Badssei didn't always have wheelie bars. Didn't come till much later.

Talked to mattm about the turbo impala with wheelie bars, and he said they
didnt help much at all, and that the cable mod was really just as good.

For me, my setup was all retarded at first, car all over the place.
Left, right, front end up was mile high up, ass end on the ground.
shitty 60s, and felt unsafe.

Got the GMR diff, zzp lca's ... dropped the front end on coil overs and
stock replacement struts still in the rear, but cable mod.

Car is now straight down the track, and super safe feeling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info