Reactions: boostedguy05

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Also IN for this. Prius C's were on my short list for a commuter vehicle, they're just not quite cheap enough yet lol.

Interested to see what it does to your fuel mileage.
I’m curious too, the lift alone people report mileage increase, but the consensus on adding bigger tires is a 6-10mpg hit.

Reactions: Outlaw

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think something like this wouldn’t be super hard/crazy.
View attachment 82061
wont work with how the prius bumper is. the bumper cover is also the front grille around the emblem and such.

photo-9-jpg.52264

I think something like this,but all tube construction. Change that upper "stinger" bar to just go straight across. Relatively few bends Standoffs coming through the bumper on the two tow points, two more standoffs through the lower grill attad to the lower rad support. Obviously shaped different to contour to the car and where the fog light holes are at toward the outside. Its got to be relatively light, i really dont want to hang more than 60-70lbs out there. 1.25-1.5" tube would probably be plenty. Other shit to spend money on first, this is just dumb :bowrofl:

61CrofpIQ5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
this looks good too, but way more complex with the compound bends.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
wont work with how the prius bumper is. the bumper cover is also the front grille around the emblem and such.

photo-9-jpg.52264

I think something like this,but all tube construction. Change that upper "stinger" bar to just go straight across. Relatively few bends Standoffs coming through the bumper on the two tow points, two more standoffs through the lower grill attad to the lower rad support. Obviously shaped different to contour to the car and where the fog light holes are at toward the outside. Its got to be relatively light, i really dont want to hang more than 60-70lbs out there. 1.25-1.5" tube would probably be plenty. Other shit to spend money on first, this is just dumb :bowrofl:

61CrofpIQ5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
That Subaru is the same way, silver part under the headlight is the old bumper along with the grille. I’d think you could pull something off at the bottom of the lower opening, though those side lights might be interesting.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think I may just try and hand bend some schedule 40 1.25”. I’ve got a big rigid bench mounted pipe vise with bending rollers built in. I’m going to grab a stick and see how much of a hurculean feat it’s going to be. I could build the entire thing at work then.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think I may just try and hand bend some schedule 40 1.25”. I’ve got a big rigid bench mounted pipe vise with bending rollers built in. I’m going to grab a stick and see how much of a hurculean feat it’s going to be. I could build the entire thing at work then.
JK, just tried it and it’s not going to happen

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info