OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Guys guys guys....

I’ve resisted the urge to do anything irresponsible or even remotely fun in the automotive department for the last 2 years. It’s been rather liberating having a car I give zeeeeeero fucks about beyond maintenance. I put a roof rack on it, threw some LED bulbs in the headlights and pay someone else to change my oil. Das it.

Last night I managed to tear off the lower section of my front bumper on a snow drift while backing out of my driveway. The car is also in need of tires, they’re on their last 5-10k miles of life, both have leaking plugs and need to be aired up every 3-5 days. I’m a lazy fuck.

What better way to keep my bumper from dragging on another snow drift and fixing my leaky worn tires than a lift and some larger AT tires?!

Tires and lift will give the car another 3” of ground clearance and it will take an 8-10mpg hit. I’ll now spend $45/mo on gas instead of $40

LIFT KIT: Prius off-road 1.5” gen 3 lift. MADE IN THE GOOD OL’ USA ??
C74D774A-D4E6-4AD3-A9EF-18C361AA47B8.jpeg

Tires: 215/70/15 Yokohama Geolander AT
A08643CF-7E57-418F-ACBD-75E1340FB6ED.png

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Don't play with me like this. NEED!
Coverking makes some custom fit ones. Prob just going to do the front buckets and leave the back alone. Most of the time the rear is down and full of fishing gear anyway. Front seat vinyl is cracked and pinchy in a couple spots, big upgrade.

like this:

519E4A3E-6CBB-47E5-9E6C-27A0F0BE38F8.jpeg

Reactions: EmersonHart13

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Is there another Toyota that the shocks and springs can swap over from? Guys with MK6 GTI’s were putting Tiguan suspension on them.
AWD Toyota Matrix has heavier springs, but you have to modify perches on the struts too. Only good for hauling some more weight and a 1/2”ish of weight. I want some bolt in garbage, no dicking around

Thread Info