Fuel pump getting no power - relay good - 02 Stratus

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Where the hell is the fuse pump relay on an 2002 Status 3.0. I can't find anything online.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
That is the only diagram I could find too. That is not the same power distribution center on this car.

This is the one on the car.

The fuse panel inside on the side of the dash has a few relays that I can't identify. I am sure it's probably one of them but can't find any diagrams to help.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
ah, one of those bastard mitsubishi engines.

that's a diagram of the relays in the engine compartment. the fuel pump relay is in the fuse box on the left end of the dash.

this should be the diagram

hope that helps!

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I will buy you a beer if I meet you in person.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Relays are good, now it's time to see if the pump is getting power.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Alright maybe someone can chime in here. The pump is not getting power and the relays are fine. Put a cheap obd scanner and get the code P0183. Any thoughts?

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yeah checked fuses and they are fine. I don't have a diagram which makes life a lot harder. This system has two relays for some reason. One relay has power and the other doesn't have power going into it. I assume the one with power is the fuel level and low fuel light because both work.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
boom. hope you can read this. if you need any of the other diagrams let me know.
in case you're wondering, the black wire (#14 off relay 2) is grounded through the PCM

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
Random thought, my brother in law had the same car same problem...it turned out to be the PCM (not saying it's your problem but just giving a similar scenario)

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Random thought, my brother in law had the same car same problem...it turned out to be the PCM (not saying it's your problem but just giving a similar scenario)
Ding ding ding we have a winner. That is exactly what it turned out to be. I am able to bypass the PCM signal and the car runs now. Ghetto as fawk but it is getting him back and fourth to work a few blocks.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Yep Mitsubishi motor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom