Fuel Pump Check Valve

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I need an upgraded pump for my silverado, and was looking at going with the walbro 450. However I found out they do not have a check valve. I wouldn't care if I drove it once a week, but this is my DD, and I start it multiple times a day, so having to prime it every time will get really annoying.

Does anyone have experience with something like this?

Russell Fuel Line Check Valves | Russell

or This?

LOW PROFILE Bosch 044 High Flow Check Valve, -6AN Outlet [BFP-CV6L] - $50.00 : Jay Racing

I would just use a 255 pump, but it will be about maxed out on pump gas. If I need to switch to e85 to keep kr down, no way it'll keep up. So, I would have to go with 2, but that's not something I'm too fond of.

Any other ideas?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
The Russell is stainless steel, so I would think it's OK with E85. The 3 psi opening pressure would mean the outlet PSI would be 3 psi lower. I assume you could tweak the tune to compensate for this.

The jay racing check valve has a spring, but doesn't list the opening pressure. Will it screw onto the Walbro 450?

Maybe call Walbro tech support for advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• GTPpower
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list