Fuel Pump Check Valve

GTPpower

Reaction score
I need an upgraded pump for my silverado, and was looking at going with the walbro 450. However I found out they do not have a check valve. I wouldn't care if I drove it once a week, but this is my DD, and I start it multiple times a day, so having to prime it every time will get really annoying.

Does anyone have experience with something like this?

Russell Fuel Line Check Valves | Russell

or This?

LOW PROFILE Bosch 044 High Flow Check Valve, -6AN Outlet [BFP-CV6L] - $50.00 : Jay Racing

I would just use a 255 pump, but it will be about maxed out on pump gas. If I need to switch to e85 to keep kr down, no way it'll keep up. So, I would have to go with 2, but that's not something I'm too fond of.

Any other ideas?

b4black

Reaction score
The Russell is stainless steel, so I would think it's OK with E85. The 3 psi opening pressure would mean the outlet PSI would be 3 psi lower. I assume you could tweak the tune to compensate for this.

The jay racing check valve has a spring, but doesn't list the opening pressure. Will it screw onto the Walbro 450?

Maybe call Walbro tech support for advice.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
You might get a better response if this was in the right area, should be in technical help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom