Fuck Hail.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
everyone LOL'ed at my $50 comp deductible.

WINNING

Not sure why anyone would laugh at that. Just like [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION] I've always kept my comp deductible low for stuff exactly like this, or giant door dings, or getting keyed, ect ect... Comprehensive is cheap too on your insurance, it's the medical and the collision that make up most of the monthly costs of car insurance.

Good example 2 years ago I was parked next to a chain link fence that fell down in some strong wind. Paint damage to the rear bumper and trunk was like 360 to fix. Used my (at the time) $0 dollar comp deductible which doesn't cost much overall.

We keep our collision at $500, and our Comp at $50 for both the BMW and the Lincoln.

1K comp is just awful haha.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So my car looked fine when it was dirty... and then I washed, clayed and sealed it today. Found 10-12 dings total. They aren't that bad since you can't even see them when it's dirty. I will be lowering the deductible on my comprehensive first thing tomorrow. Really kicking myself in the ass about it right now, going in for an estimate on Monday.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Both my Acura and the wifes G6 took a beating. Wife dosn't know yet because it's been dark when shes driven it. Not looking forward to telling her.
Had I left work on time at least my Acura would have been spared, but nooo I had to stay a hour late to try to make a buck.

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
Welp, got the cars washed finally, both are fucked up pretty badly. 20 on the hood of the mustang alone... 4-5 really bad ones on the roofs and doors of both cars in addition to 2-3 dozen other hits not counting the mustangs hood.

I sent the 5k quotes for each into my insurance and got a call back almost immediately. "We can't perform a quick claim our adjust will be in contact for viewing the vehicles"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info